Creative Safety Plug

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Neutered10mm

Re: Creative Safety Plug

Post by Neutered10mm »

klr wrote:+1
I just watched your 19 minute video on smoothing the 92. I don't think I've ever watched a 19 minute video on youtube. Great job. Now I feel confident about tearing into a 92.
Awesome, glad you enjoyed it!
4kdave

Post by 4kdave »

Filing it on a SS receiver might work but I'm not going to file them on my blue 92. Just scratched out the white from the letters and cold blued with a Qtip.
apache67

Post by apache67 »

I just caught this video this past weekend. "Creative" is an understatement. I really enjoyed your other vidoes about slicking up the 92 too. Between Stevesgunz video and yours, I should have the slickest 92 around!
Thanks for sharing,
Apache67
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Not sure why you'd want to use a cartridge case as a safety hole plug.........great conversation starter if that was the intent.
But what I am sure of is that this is the best, most instructional presentation I've seen on this forum that was created by a member.
A picture is worth a thousand words and a video is worth a thousand pictures.
You've got a real gift for presentations.
The verbal explanations were concise, clear, followed a logical step by step sequence & were in sync with the video elements.
The instructional elements of the video weren't obscured by hands, elbows and backs of heads.
There was no distracting noises .....cars honking, doors slamming, ridiculous heavy metal music that you hear in some more amateurish video presentations.
Your speech and diction throughout the presentation were calm, relaxing & confidence inspiring.
If your Youtube library was expanded to include some of the more difficult scenarios that really throw some of our members (ie. strip, clean, lube, deburr & reassemble a Rossi 92) it would really help them to bolster some self confidence, quit procrastinating and "jump in" & get their hands dirty.
Good job !
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Neutered10mm

Post by Neutered10mm »

Thanks for the comments guys!

I have a few videos on smoothing the action as well as fitting the gunslinger springs.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

4kdave wrote:Just wondering what happened to the "S & F"?
Don't have a BrazTech R92 but can't see how filling the safety hole and grinding & polishing the eyesore "F" & "S" indentations out of existence would be that much of a problem.
The SG safety hole sight/plug with the conspicuous green "S" & red "F" left on looks amateurish & quite frankly horrible. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
SD3

Post by SD3 »

N-10mm, I want to thank you for your time & effort making the best, most informative videos I've seen on the M92. I'm 'new' to levers and your YT vids have been enormously helpful!

Thank you for sharing, and please make more! +1