Rear sight that fits scope base?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
35Rem

Rear sight that fits scope base?

Post by 35Rem »

Does anyone know of a rear sight that would fit the scope base allowing the use if irons as a back up to a scope/dot sight?
Last edited by 35Rem on 18 Jan 2014 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Rear sight that fits scope base?

Post by pricedo »

35Rem wrote:Does anyone know of a rear sight that would fit the scope base allowing the use if irons as a back up to a scope/dot sight?
Don't know about that but I do use Warne, Burris, Leupold QD (Quick Detach) rings that permit me to remove the scope in a few seconds to access the rifles iron sights on several of my leverguns (2 Marlin Guide Guns & Rossi Rio Grande).

The scopes do NOT have to be re-zeroed when the scope & rings are re-attached to the base.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
johnreilly

Post by johnreilly »

pricedo wrote:
35Rem wrote:Does anyone know of a rear sight that would fit the scope base allowing the use if irons as a back up to a scope/dot sight?
Don't know about that but I do use Warne, Burris, Leupold QD (Quick Detach) rings that permit me to remove the scope in a few seconds to access the rifles iron sights on several of my leverguns (2 Marlin Guide Guns & Rossi Rio Grande).

The scopes do NOT have to be re-zeroed when the scope & rings are re-attached to the base.
This may be true for Marlins and a Rio Grande, but he is asking about a 92 and on a 92 type rifle the scope mount replaces the rear sight atop the barrel.
johnreilly

Post by johnreilly »

Ok, 35Rem I found one for you. Follow this link:http://www.midwayusa.com/product/111883 ... steel-blue

It's made by New England Custom Guns and the link is for Midway USA. It is elevation adjustable so you might get lucky and be able to use your existing front sight.
35Rem

Post by 35Rem »

Almost what I had in mind, just not what I wanted to spend. Ha!

Have to eat some PBJs for a while :D

Actually, might be hard to see through a peep mounted that far forward
35Rem

Post by 35Rem »

johnreilly

Post by johnreilly »

Awsome, that saves about $40!
35Rem

Post by 35Rem »

Ran across this one!
http://www.keltecweapons.com/su-16-and- ... sight-kit/
Might need a skinner front ?

They also show a peep set but it comes with a front and is $48. Might could talk them into just the rear peep if you called. I think they are only windage adjustable, so a skinner front might be needed to get it on
Last edited by 35Rem on 18 Jan 2014 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

johnreilly wrote:
pricedo wrote:

This may be true for Marlins and a Rio Grande, but he is asking about a 92 and on a 92 type rifle the scope mount replaces the rear sight atop the barrel.
Sorry........I'm not familiar with the 92 scope mount as I use the factory irons on my Rossi 92s.
Still putting em in the 2" black circle at 50 yards.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
35Rem

Post by 35Rem »

No biggie. The 92 has a scout style scope base