So what kind of knives you all play and work with?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

So what kind of knives you all play and work with?

Post by akuser47 »

My EDC original Cold Steel RECON1 with there old and my favorite ultralock series they no longer use.
my american eagle series KURKI from napal nice chopper :D
a whole slew of various pointy things
This is a sog fasthawk that I got at walmart over the Christmas season Love it for the money
so what other toys do you have?
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Warhawk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: So what kind of knives you all play and work with?

Post by Warhawk »

I have several Blackjack fixed blade knives, also like ESEE knives for heavy duty use. My current favorite folder is a SOG autoclip, mainly because it's a traditional lockback (not a liner lock) and has a snag free pocket clip.
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Barry in IN »

Not much of a knife guy. When I used to hear people say "guns are tools to me" I never really understood until I realized that was how I was with knives. Every now and then, one excites me (like, say, most Randalls) but ordinarily they are just another tool.

With me all of the time, I have a CRKT M16-13z, a leatherman Blast, and one of the little keychain size Swiss army knives.
I have others from cheap to not cheap, and small to corn knives (machetes to most people) but those are the ones I use every day.

The Leatherman came as a gift and has been handier than I expected (I never had much use for "do-all" tools when I was a working mechanic).

That little Swiss army knife is the one I couldnt do without. I carry it on a string around my neck because I use it so often (a string with the house alarm remote on the other end to balance it out). I use the scissors more than I ever would have thought. I used to lose these kittle knives, but was a at a gun show where a guy had a box full of them with company slogans and advertising on them. They were cheap plus he gave a volume discount, and I bought maybe six or eight for $20...and don't think I've lost another since.

I was just thinking: As an indicator of how things have changed, I got my first little Swiss Army knife from finding it on a DC-10. Probably found it when I was fixing a seat. I'd find maybe one a year- about the time I'd lose one. No possible way of finding the owner, and it was a fairly regular occurrence.
If someone found one now it would be national news.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I think the tool I have been useing the most, like everday in so many situations. My leatherman wave which I should have included in my first posting here.
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

I'm not much on knives. I've carried either a Case Stockman or PlowBoy around for years.

Forgot about a Uncle Henry folding hunter type knife with the "stagalon" handles that I used to carry everywhere when I was younger. Mrs Willy decided that she liked that one years ago and has it put up somewhere. Also have a Old Timer Sharpfinger skinning knife that my daughter gave me for my birthday one year.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
jessa1

Post by jessa1 »

I really amazed the knives you've posted here.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

jessa1 wrote:I really amazed the knives you've posted here.
Why? Not a knife guy do or don't like? Just curious is all. Some of these knives I have had since I was a little kid my first knife I had when I was 6 years old. I grew up eating rabbit and sqiurrel and fish for our main meats and garden veggies were the rest. Had to raise chickens and butcher them as well so we had eggs and chicken to get through the winter. So I kinda grew up with guns and knives as a way of life. Though those days are long gone and I couldn't imagine not eating out once a week now LoL I would have kicked my own butt if me now would meet me from back then. Funny how we can become so seperated from our past selves in time.
Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Quinc »

My EDC is a Kershaw Clash. I like it so much I bought 8 of them for my wedding party last month. Just the right size and is spring assisted when opening. Also the sharpest knife I have ever seen. Everyone I gave a knife too all have a bald spot on there arm after they had to see for themselves how sharp they are. :lol:

Another cool thing with Kershaw is you can send them in and get them re-sharpend for free with free return shipping. :)

Price has fluctuated all the way down to 22$ a couple weeks ago.
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

44-40 Willy wrote:I'm not much on knives. I've carried either a Case Stockman or PlowBoy around for years.

Forgot about a Uncle Henry folding hunter type knife with the "stagalon" handles that I used to carry everywhere when I was younger. Mrs Willy decided that she liked that one years ago and has it put up somewhere. Also have a Old Timer Sharpfinger skinning knife that my daughter gave me for my birthday one year.
If you've gutted and skinned as many moose as I have you'd start carrying a good knife with top quality edge retaining steel and a gun hook at the tip.
The Alaskan knives with the D2 tool steel hold a razor edge.
They're a little prone to rusting if not properly cared for but any of my Alaska knives could do double duty as a straight razor for shaving.
That coarse moose hair can dull a knife like nothing else can.
The WalMart $29.95 "cheapkate specials" just don't cut it (pun intended).
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

agreed most of the knives in my pic are cheapies that would not hold up to the hard use in a survival SHTF scenerio But growing up for eating little rascals most of the oldtimers fixed blades worked fine for me. I like heavy duty becker and some tops model knives as well. I saved almost all I have ever gotten is all. I still have my first sharpening stone somewhere in the closet of toys lol.