So what kind of knives you all play and work with?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: So what kind of knives you all play and work with?

Post by akuser47 »

Well I am not good at throwing knives but maybe this xmas gift will change this lol A condor throwing hatchet and it is sharp allready knicked myself so deep and clean didn't know it till I was dripping blood all over. I love pointy things LOL :lol:
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

I'm bad when it comes to knifes. I think they take as much room as my guns do in the safe. I have about a dozen of these Anza knifes. Most of them are made from files. I have some that go back to the early 80's, never been sharpened.

akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice knives there in your pic look good
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

I wonder if my kitchen cutlery counts as I have a number of those all of which are Japanese made. In my opinion they forgot more about fine blades that the rest of the world has learned yet. Now these are just part of my collection, cooking is my real hobby and passion by the way.
slicers_dicers.jpg
Utility knives for slicing to paring
Chef_bone.jpg
For boning/skinning as well as standard chef's knives
Slicing_Cleavers.jpg
My favorites of all my cleavers which I use 99% of the time with a paring knife. (limit of 3 uploads per post)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Yes those count nice collection of culinary blades. I cannot afford them but envy yoour collection there nice.
MT Gianni

Post by MT Gianni »

I have we me a Leatherman wave if outdoors and a basic leatherman if working. A leatherman micro goes with me everywhere but through TSA. When I fish and hunt I have two Cold Steel Tanto blade folders or a CKRT fixed blade 5". Old Timer little finger saw a lot of fur in the 80's. I carried a Gerber Multi-tool for a while before I went to Leatherman's and a couple of Old Henry Stockman and trapper models. I have a few others but would not be very sorry if they were traded.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Got to love any kitchen knife....I'm a cook by force ( got to eat) thats some great steel right there
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

I do have a couple others that are my favorite also, working swords in other words they will cut and not break even better than the antiques. :D
IMG_1616.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice who is the maker of those swords? Just curious I have the blind mans walking cane. it is not really a functional blade it is high carbon but had no edge to begin with and the temper sucks on it. Mine was made by henwii or somthing like that I would like to get a full set someday of functional swords on a standlike yours but a 3 blade set.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

akuser47 wrote:Nice who is the maker of those swords? Just curious I have the blind mans walking cane. it is not really a functional blade it is high carbon but had no edge to begin with and the temper sucks on it. Mine was made by henwii or somthing like that I would like to get a full set someday of functional swords on a standlike yours but a 3 blade set.

I'm not sure who makes them as they where a gift from my first Karate institutor who was also a master swordsman. I got them back in the mid 70's when I got my first black belt from him. I also took his sword training which he didn't teach to most but only selected students. Instead of a rank etc he gave us working swords as a graduation gift. He is long since gone as he was pretty old back then. These where made by the same that made his swords. The sword bags are Mashiro that I bought those after Hurricane Andrew destroyed the bags they came with as well as scatter most of my sword collection to the wind when it blew away my home. I collected swords working swords for a few years in several styles and periods of history. Andrew put an end to that however and these are all that survived the storm that I could recover.
Joe