Steve's Gunz prices ??

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
4kdave

Steve's Gunz prices ??

Post by 4kdave »

I can't believe he wants $9.95 shipping for an $18.95 safety replacement button.
That's a ripoff as a padded envelope and a couple stamps for first class would set him back about $4.00
He will not get an order from me at those shipping rates...he should ship it for free as many business do to get repeat business.
Just my $.02 :(
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Steve's Gunz prices ??

Post by pricedo »

Steve's Gunz is definitely not a charity organization.
The guy is an excellent gunsmith with an international reputation.
Apparently his custom built guns and conversions of the lawyer safetied up Miroku Winchester leverguns to blueprint Browning legacy configuration are next to none at a cost of about $1000 per conversion.
Luckily there are other sources for the small parts and sights that he sells.
The so-called shipping costs are a little ridiculous.

** I own a copy of his 92 tune-up DVD and it is excellent (worth every nickel including shipping) with his very clear explanations and demonstrations that a 6-year old could understand and then perform the work. I incorporated a lot of his ideas into my own Rossi 92 tune-up regimen.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
johnreilly

Post by johnreilly »

pricedo wrote:Steve's Gunz is definitely not a charity organization.
The guy is an excellent gunsmith with an international reputation.
Apparently his custom built guns and conversions of the lawyer safetied up Miroku Winchester leverguns to blueprint Browning legacy configuration are next to none at a cost of about $1000 per conversion.
Luckily there are other sources for the small parts and sights that he sells.
The so-called shipping costs are a little ridiculous.

** I own a copy of his 92 tune-up DVD and it is excellent (worth every nickel including shipping) with his very clear explanations and demonstrations that a 6-year old could understand and then perform the work. I incorporated a lot of his ideas into my own Rossi 92 tune-up regimen.
I've never seen anything published about Steve doing Miroku Winchester work. Point me to something please.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

The sourcing was anecdotal from a You-tube presentation by gun writer Mike Beliveau on the Miroku Winchester 1886 Extra Light rifle one of which I recently purchased.
Check with Steve to confirm but I believe that the gunsmith doing the conversions that Beliveau referred to was Steve Young of Steve's Gunz, :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

When they were haveing issues setting up and producing the guns steve walked them along this was well known and helped really launch his reputation beyond just being a Rossi 92 master smith. It was all over the various forums back when the foriegn winchesters factory was getting set up. There was never a huge press release stating this why would a company say hey a known rossi smith was needed to help us biuld an american iconic rifle that we should not even be making anyways. They have gotten better the ltest imported ones I have seen looked alot better but not at the price the go for. No for me no thanks. Also pricedo is right dvd is great his shipping must also have a profit margin as well I agree but I ordered it all at once so not to bad. I always hated cabels and sportsman giude that charged shipping by cost spent not weight or size.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote:When they were haveing issues setting up and producing the guns steve walked them along this was well known and helped really launch his reputation beyond just being a Rossi 92 master smith. It was all over the various forums back when the foriegn winchesters factory was getting set up. There was never a huge press release stating this why would a company say hey a known rossi smith was needed to help us biuld an american iconic rifle that we should not even be making anyways. They have gotten better the ltest imported ones I have seen looked alot better but not at the price the go for. No for me no thanks. Also pricedo is right dvd is great his shipping must also have a profit margin as well I agree but I ordered it all at once so not to bad. I always hated cabels and sportsman giude that charged shipping by cost spent not weight or size.
I own two of the Miroku Winchester leverguns........a model 94 Trails End take-down in 450 Marlin and a model 1886 Extra Light in 45-70 Gvt and the quality is above reproach......the workmanship and fit & finish are impeccable. No cleaning gunk out of the receiver, deburring of the action, shimming of cartridge guides, forearm relieving, stock refinishing because the factory finish washed off in the last rain shower required with these guns.

Despite the rebounding hammers, tang safeties, the compound linkages in the triggers & firing pins and other unnecessary & redundant lawyer nonsense the guns have really smoothed out with 500 cycles of the lever.

I have two Browning BLRs also manufactured by the same Japanese company and I can say with certainty that Miroku makes very high quality firearms.

I wouldn't bother having my 1886 converted to legacy blueprint Browning design because it cycles and feeds very smoothly as it is but I'm sure one of Steve's conversions (or more properly reversions) to legacy design would be a work of gunsmithing art.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
4kdave

Post by 4kdave »

I sent a comment to Steve yesterday asking about the shipping cost and he Emailed me back with a solution that I could live with, so my hat is off to a stand up guy, and he has made this Rossi owner Happy Happy Happy

Dave
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Nothing like the direct, up-front approach.
If I was interested in something Steve had to sell and was unhappy with the shipping costs as is I would have done the same thing. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
4kdave

Post by 4kdave »

UP-date...Got my plug from Steve after his vacation and am truly happy with the way I was treated by he & his wife... very stand up people & will do business with them again.

Dave
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I like steve he answers his phone helps as much as he can. It is nice to have a human element to a company.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!