Anyone here smoke tobacco?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Elwood717

Re: Anyone here smoke tobacco?

Post by Elwood717 »

I quit smoking and chewing "cold turkey" 10 years ago.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Elwood717 wrote:I quit smoking and chewing "cold turkey" 10 years ago.
Good for you however addition to smoking isn't always the same for everybody. It depends on a lot of factors and your own body's reaction to it. I smoked 50+ years and never could manage to quit cold turkey for more than a few hours and even the patch, gums etc where also complete failures. I quit using e-cigs completely with total stopping of even nicotine within 3 months. I have never even had an urge to try a cigarette since I quit.
Joe
Elwood717

Post by Elwood717 »

joec wrote:Good for you however addition to smoking isn't always the same for everybody. It depends on a lot of factors and your own body's reaction to it. I smoked 50+ years and never could manage to quit cold turkey for more than a few hours and even the patch, gums etc where also complete failures. I quit using e-cigs completely with total stopping of even nicotine within 3 months. I have never even had an urge to try a cigarette since I quit.
Congratulations on quitting. I don't miss smoking at all, but I do miss chewing occasionally.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Elwood717 wrote:Congratulations on quitting. I don't miss smoking at all, but I do miss chewing occasionally.
I never tried it as I watched those around me that did which was a bit of a turn off to it. I still do though vape daily as it keeps me relaxed as cigarettes use to do.
Joe
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I agree vapeing is an alternative that can help someone qiut smoking or as just an alternative to smoking period. I understand it is new and people are scared. One thing to consider is this. A vaper can control all ingredients in their vape. This is not the case with smoking tobacco. Enjoy whatever you enjoy. Eithet way no flaming anyone either way. Humans are creatures of habit I like this habit as it is less habit and more casaul for me.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Mike Weber

Post by Mike Weber »

After several attempts I finally quit smoking over a year ago. I do still use the Ecigs. I was a heavy smoker for a lot of years and I don't think I could have gotten away from tobacco without the Ecig. I had tried Patches and nicotine gum, nicotine lozenges, the Ecig was the only think that satisfied the urge to light up.
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixee?

http://www.shootersfreehold.com/Forums
A board for those “regular folks” who have a serious interest in firearms and the shooting sports, Preparedness, Camping, Fishing and other outdoor activities.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I am enjoying vapeing and find I can go over 5 hours and not need one. It use to be I needed a cigarette every two hours minimum. Now ecigs are my newest hobby I hardly have time for.lol also no unpleasent smell. I love it.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
evanbly

Post by evanbly »

I smoke, drink, and once in a while am known to cuss. My wife, on the other hand doesn't drink much, doesn't cuss, but does smoke. She went for the e-train and enjoys the maintenance of her habit without the previous nasty side effects (coughing, hacking, smelling, and so forth). I'm still coughing, hacking, smelling and so forth--but I have started giving the e's a try.