Anyone here smoke tobacco?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Anyone here smoke tobacco?

Post by akuser47 »

I just picked up a mistic e cigarette kit-3 at walmart and am enjoying it current girlfriend does not like me smoking so I am trying this she is happy and so am I. So who here uses e cigs and if so how do you Carry what brands do you like any info would help. So far I am usine a pen's pocket clip to carry it.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Anyone here smoke tobacco?

Post by pricedo »

Dad kept a courtesy bowl containing several brands of cigarettes and bottles of various liquors and beer chilled in a small tub of ice on the table in the living room for guests that came to the house at Xmas time way back in the 50s when cigarettes were still a politically correct vice even though both he & my mother didn't smoke or drink.
A cousin about the same age as me stole a couple of cigarettes one time and we went out behind the house to smoke them out of curiosity.
I was 9 years old and that was the last cigarette I ever smoked.
The alcoholic drinks I have consumed in the past 50 years can be counted on the fingers of ONE hand........usually just to be polite at weddings and other family gatherings. I would hold the drinks and at an opportune time water a plant with them.
I probably killed more domestic plants in relatives homes than anyone in North American history........a potted plant serial killer.
Never had much use for booze or tobacco so either would be a topic I have very little knowledge of.

Electronic cigarettes ........WOW ! ..........what'll they think of next? :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

I use e-cigs now myself but hadn't smoked but 5 cigarettes a day for the previous 10 years. Of course when one is told he has lung cancer quitting comes straight to mind. Well long story short patches and gum just didn't get it for me so wife picked me up a Volt e-cig starter kit. She got me menthol which used to smoke. That was back in on Sept 9th. I spoke to several of my doctors and all said it was no worse than either the patch or gum with less side effects.

I now have cut out all nicotine from mine and mix my own blend. It is menthol flavor, vegetable glycerin and absolute vodka in measure proportions. I now carry around a pair of batteries and 6 tips loaded when not home in a pouch the size of a pack of cigarettes.
Joe
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

joec wrote:I use e-cigs now myself but hadn't smoked but 5 cigarettes a day for the previous 10 years. Of course when one is told he has lung cancer quitting comes straight to mind. Well long story short patches and gum just didn't get it for me so wife picked me up a Volt e-cig starter kit. She got me menthol which used to smoke. That was back in on Sept 9th. I spoke to several of my doctors and all said it was no worse than either the patch or gum with less side effects.

I now have cut out all nicotine from mine and mix my own blend. It is menthol flavor, vegetable glycerin and absolute vodka in measure proportions. I now carry around a pair of batteries and 6 tips loaded when not home in a pouch the size of a pack of cigarettes.
I plan on refilling my own cartos as soon as I get some empties ordered and get my fluid ordered.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

akuser47 wrote:
joec wrote:I use e-cigs now myself but hadn't smoked but 5 cigarettes a day for the previous 10 years. Of course when one is told he has lung cancer quitting comes straight to mind. Well long story short patches and gum just didn't get it for me so wife picked me up a Volt e-cig starter kit. She got me menthol which used to smoke. That was back in on Sept 9th. I spoke to several of my doctors and all said it was no worse than either the patch or gum with less side effects.

I plan on refilling my own cartos as soon as I get some empties ordered and get my fluid ordered.
Here is the calculator I use http://e-cig-reviews.com/eliquid%20calculator.html
I started using this stuff with the nicotine you want http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/pr ... oduct.html
and I mix it with http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/pr ... ducts.html and of course food grade vegetable glycerin I get at the local Hobby Lobby and a short of Absolut vodka or if you like distilled water it works also, just don't trust water. I got a batch of IV type syringes from my chemo that came filled with saline water. Now these plug into an IV connection so no needle but they have a cap on the needle end. It is easy to do but I measure mine using the graduation marks in the syringe rather than the drop method as it isn't as accurate. It is easy and 10 to 20 ml will fill a lot of the filters. There are some videos on you tube that show you how to fill them the best way and how to mix it also.
Joe
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Friends up in Canada who are smokers are paying around $10 per pack for cigarettes as the government taxes the heck out of vice products like booze & cigarettes justified by "user pay" logic in that these products are big causual factors in a lot of illnesses that impact heavily on the free health care system.
One chap I used to hunt with smoked 2 large packs a day every day which translates into about $20 x 7 = $140 a week.
That would be the cost of a Rossi 92 in a months time. :shock:
In the face of such costs if I was a smoker I'd definitely be looking at e-cigs as an alternative. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Conman

Post by Conman »

Nah, I finally quit that "habit" in 1994 after over 40 years of puffing...

I then took the money I, and my wife, were spending on cigarettes and invested it in the stock market. Our grandson is now going to college - paid for with smokes funds.......................

QUIT and never look back!!!!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Conman wrote:Nah, I finally quit that "habit" in 1994 after over 40 years of puffing...

I then took the money I, and my wife, were spending on cigarettes and invested it in the stock market. Our grandson is now going to college - paid for with smokes funds.......................

QUIT and never look back!!!!
And the BONUS PRIZE is that you're still alive to look back & reflect & to look forward to your grandson's graduation. If the governments want to ban something that is a proven killer they should ban cigarettes. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

pricedo wrote:Friends up in Canada who are smokers are paying around $10 per pack for cigarettes as the government taxes the heck out of vice products like booze & cigarettes justified by "user pay" logic in that these products are big causual factors in a lot of illnesses that impact heavily on the free health care system.
One chap I used to hunt with smoked 2 large packs a day every day which translates into about $20 x 7 = $140 a week.
In the face of such costs if I was a smoker I'd definitely be looking at e-cigs as an alternative. :mrgreen:
These are a way to quit probably as good as any other method. Now they don't contain any of the things that cause problems such as tars, arsenic etc. The do contain nicotine which is additive but not particularly damaging to the body. That can gradually be cut down which I've done now not using it at all. My problem is the act of taking a drag and blowing out smoke which this duplicates only with basically with harmless vapor and no odor either. It is also cheaper than cigarettes even at $2 per pack.
Joe
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

joec wrote:
pricedo wrote:Friends up in Canada who are smokers are paying around $10 per pack for cigarettes as the government taxes the heck out of vice products like booze & cigarettes justified by "user pay" logic in that these products are big causual factors in a lot of illnesses that impact heavily on the free health care system.
These are a way to quit probably as good as any other method. Now they don't contain any of the things that cause problems such as tars, arsenic etc. The do contain nicotine which is additive but not particularly damaging to the body. That can gradually be cut down which I've done now not using it at all. My problem is the act of taking a drag and blowing out smoke which this duplicates only with basically with harmless vapor and no odor either. It is also cheaper than cigarettes even at $2 per pack.
+1 This is the main reason I went this route plus I can use it anywere and not offend anyone I think I'm gonna disable the led on the end as to be more descreet. Though it does help simulate the experience.