Rossi 92 45 Colt with Brass reciever?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Rossi 92 45 Colt with Brass reciever?

Post by pricedo »

The Henry BB I checked out was beautiful and the action was as smooth as churned butter but besides the ponderous weight of the thing they wanted over $800 for it.
I must say that the wood furniture on the Henry BB was absolutely gorgeous.
If you can afford it AND lift it you have an impressive looking gun on your hands.
For hunts in tree stands and ground blinds that don't involve long walks thru ruff brush there shouldn't be a problem with the weight.
I've never fired one but I have heard & read that they are very accurate.

You should have biceps like Arnold Schwarzenegger after a hunting season with the BB. :lol: .....just kidding. :D

ENJOY !! :mrgreen:

I have a brass (receiver, tangs, barrel & forearm bands, butt plate) levergun......it is a commemorative genuine Winchester model 94 brass Indian Yellowhead (pictured above) in 30-30 WCF which has never had a single round fired out of it.
The dark wood is black walnut & it is very beautiful......gets a weekly dusting & that's about it.

If I find an older (Amadeo) Rossi 92 in brass I'll take a serious look at it. +corn
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
rusty45

Post by rusty45 »

I really like my Henry bb 45 colt. I am going to load up some cartridges for it tonite and will be shooting it tomorrow along with my uberti 1873 carbine. I won't be using it for hunting strictly a play rifle for targets and the likes. I have a Winchester 94 44 mag that will be my hunting rifle. Some day I want to get the Rossi with a 24 inch barrel, but it will be awhile,in the mean time I will follow along on this forum
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

rusty45 wrote:I really like my Henry bb 45 colt. I am going to load up some cartridges for it tonite and will be shooting it tomorrow along with my uberti 1873 carbine. I won't be using it for hunting strictly a play rifle for targets and the likes. I have a Winchester 94 44 mag that will be my hunting rifle. Some day I want to get the Rossi with a 24 inch barrel, but it will be awhile,in the mean time I will follow along on this forum
If your Henry BB shoots as good as it is reputed in the posts I've read on other forums you might change your mind about not using it for hunting. Could be a great tree stand gun.
They sure are purty ! :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
hcable

Post by hcable »

well here is one, you can bid on and maybe get a reasonable price:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail. ... 2#topoflot
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

hcable wrote:well here is one, you can bid on and maybe get a reasonable price:

$325 is the high bid & it is purportedly NIB..... :?: .......not sure I believe that......the price is unusually low for a new gun.......maybe somebody dumping a lemon?......if that's the case it's certainly the right color. :D
It is an attractive rifle.
I would be interested if I could get my hands on it to thoroughly inspect & check it out.
Sight unseen?.......thanks, but no thanks.
I have a coupla winter projects on the go now & the red Rossi toolbox can stay sitting on the shelf in my workshop a while longer. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

hcable wrote:well here is one, you can bid on and maybe get a reasonable price:

Has anybody used ProxiBid? I found a couple of guns that I would like to bid on but the fees are very high (when it is all said and done about 25% which doesn't include shipping) and the reviews of the site itself are bad so I think I will not participate. Another thing I do not like is at registration they want to keep your credit card info on file which is a deal killer for me.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Looks like the high bid is still $325.
If it's in good mechanical condition it'd be a steal at that price. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:Looks like the high bid is still $325.
If it's in good mechanical condition it'd be a steal at that price. :mrgreen:
Yeah but with near a month to go it will not stay there. Plus, there will be real life humans on the auction floor that will have the final say of what it is worth.
Michael
Conman

Post by Conman »

[quote="pricedo"]
The Henry BB I checked out was beautiful and the action was as smooth as churned butter but besides the ponderous weight of the thing they wanted over $800 for it.
I must say that the wood furniture on the Henry BB was absolutely gorgeous.

ENJOY !! :mrgreen:

I can't resist pointing out that the word FURNITURE does NOT refer to the STOCK and FOREARM on long guns!!

It has nothing to do with WOOD.

Furniture includes barrel bands, etc. Sample comment:

A great emphasis was placed on manufacturing processes for the Springfield Model 1842. It was the first small arm produced in the U.S. with fully interchangeable (machine-made) parts. Approximately 275,000 These were distinguished by having brass furniture instead of iron.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Conman wrote:I can't resist pointing out that the word FURNITURE does NOT refer to the STOCK and FOREARM on long guns!!

Learn something new every day.........I was referring to the wood on the Henry rifles which was gorgeous. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA