Rossi 92 45 Colt with Brass reciever?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
rusty45

Rossi 92 45 Colt with Brass reciever?

Post by rusty45 »

I am looking for this rossi 92 with the brass receiver in a 45 colt. I am wondering if anybody knows where I can get one of these at? I am sure having a hard time trying to locate one to buy. I called Rossi and they told me the gun is still being manufactured. They also make it in the 357 mag. as I was told. I prefer my first choice in the 45 colt. Thanks
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Rossi 92 45 Colt with Brass reciever?

Post by akuser47 »

i don't think they are being imported much into the U.S. I have only seen one older one on gunbroker few years ago. The money it sold for I would rather buy a henry big boy. Your best bet would be to talk to some FFL's and have them check with their distributers also maybe call steve at Steves guns if the other path gets cold. Keep us posted.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
rusty45

Post by rusty45 »

I did sent Steve guns an e-mail this morning and ask my ffl dealer the other day and he said it was on his list but not available. I also got some e-mail notification out on some of the online vendors so all I can do is keep looking and waiting.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I love the looks of the brass receiver guns including the brass Henry rifle.
My guns are hunters.....if they don't hunt they're GONE.
I have never seen a brass Rossi levergun up close & personal but I hefted & handled the 8+ pound brass receivered Henry rifle and then put it back on the rack....too darn heavy & expensive.
I will say that the Henry action was as smooth as mashed potatoes & gravy right off the rack.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
rusty45

Post by rusty45 »

I have also held the Henry big boy and your right about the weight. That was one reason that kept me from buying it was the weight. Plus no side gate for loading,it just ain't right.
Rio Grande

Post by Rio Grande »

Received a Henry BB in 45 Colt for Christmas. First thought, Boy is he heavy. After shooting a 150 rds, I Love it!!

That Rossi 92 is looking awful nervous - a Henry BB in 357 may be next. +guns
"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man" - Lucky Ned Pepper
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

They balance well and shoot very good and are made well and look very good. My dad just got a big boy .357 I like it the wood almost looks like burl walnut amazing. They are hefty
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
jonb

Post by jonb »

HI

When I was looking for my under lever I looked at Henry rifles, the price in the UK is double what I paid for my 16" stainless steel 92 :o

Also the old guys at the range say the Henry's are good but not too reliable ......

Jon
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

jonb wrote: good but not too reliable ......

Jon
Hmmm..............that's what my mother-in-law says about me. :mrgreen:

I have yet to see a brass Rossi 92........any pics?
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
rusty45

Post by rusty45 »

Well my patience span wore pretty thin last night,so when I got up this morining I called my cabela store and asked if they had a Henry BB 45 colt in stock ,he said yes. I was on my way and after looking at it and getting the feel of it weight,I could hold it pretty darn steady. So I bought it and no regrets. Would had love to had the Rossi in the brass receiver but it seems the glimmer of hope having one wasn't very good. All I wanted was a nice brass receiver ( yellow boy) rifle to complete my collection.