double feeding 38`s

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Lionhrt

double feeding 38`s

Post by Lionhrt »

I took my Rossi out last week and when shooting 357 I had no problem and I got to admit I am addicted now how ever when shooting 38`s I had 3 or 4 times that it would try to throw 2-38 rounds on to the elevator the second one of course would be half in the loading tube and half on the elevator and it would lock up the action. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas what may be causing this? I should mention I did do an action job on it from Steve`s video and it did not do this before I did the action job.
Welcome to Hell preacher
Rtbender

Re: double feeding 38`s

Post by Rtbender »

Did you check the left cartridge quide, cartridge stop, and spring? My first few disassembles quickly taught me that there are several wrong ways to put the sping in.

Good luck
Powhatan

Post by Powhatan »

Right cartridge guide...shim..
Chris Hunter
Rossi 92 357 24inch octagon case hardened.
Rtbender

Post by Rtbender »

Did you get it fixed?
Lionhrt

Post by Lionhrt »

I haven't had time to work on it yet due to work. I am hoping that I can clear out some of the Honey do list today and have time to do it tomorrow on my day off. I am going to double check everything. I do know sometimes when loading ammo I really have to work to get the cartridge from not coming back out of the tube, it`s as if the cartridge stop doesn't spring back to stop the next round from popping back out fast or hard enough
Welcome to Hell preacher
Lionhrt

Post by Lionhrt »

well it was just a quick adjustment on the left guide and I am loving how smooth the lever is now. I am loving how accurate it is, we went out to the pit the other day and someone had been shooting clay pigeons as targets I was able to tag the broken pigeons from almost 80 yard using iron sights. I think I have a new favorite toy now.
Welcome to Hell preacher
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

These 92's have a real nice sweet spot once dialed in. I'm glad u got it dialed in.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!