Maryland Checking In...

Tell us a bit about yourself!
OldSchool1959

Maryland Checking In...

Post by OldSchool1959 »

First, let me say that I'm glad to be here but I'm not sure I want to be a member of a forum that would allow me to join. ;)
I have been lurking here for a bit, mostly in the 92 forum doing some research on the 16" .357 flavor. I'm mostly a handgun & AR guy but when I started to think about the utility of a rifle that shoots the same rounds as one of the pistols I reload for it didn't take me long to find this site. As mentioned, I am a reloader with a couple of years of single stage experience in handgun calibers and recently started reloading .223 & 30-30 Win. (I have a family hand down post '64 Win 94 in 30-30.)
I picked up my new 92 on Saturday and am now a proud owner of a blued 16" .357 92. Thanks to this forum I've already done the pre-firing "ablutions" and have been cycling the action for the last few evenings while relaxing in my tactical recliner. Stevez DVD and tune up parts are on the way as is a plug to replace the safety. The bottle of Tru Oil is sitting on my bench ready to add some depth to the furniture that appears to be a blend of poplar and "meh."
I am grateful for this source of information and the way that your experience benefits the next guy or gal. Other forums (or is it fora?) that I participate in include: MarylandShooters, AR15, PAFOA, 1911 and Smith-Wesson.
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Maryland Checking In...

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Welcome aboard oldschool!! I am typing on my laptop from my tactical couch....... :lol:
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad to hear that you are finding the information contained within useful!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome, I'm currently deploying my L.B.R. as I type my welcome. :lol: (lazy boy recliner)
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
cstone

Post by cstone »

Welcome from a Baltimoron who was lucky enough to move west.

I also just picked up my 92 357/38, and I got it for the same reason. If I'm already reloading for my wheelguns, why not stuff some of those .38 Spl into a carbine :D
adepto super vestri ego
OldSchool1959

Post by OldSchool1959 »

@cstone - You made it out of Marylandistan, congrats. My house is for sale at the moment and my wife and I can't wait to get to PA or WV. Can't move out west yet since I have business in DC.
To everyone else - thanks for the welcome messages. I feel like the new kid at school sitting at the cool kid lunch table but everyone is wearing cowboy hats. 8-)