454 Casull w/Hornady 300XTP

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Edster

Re: 454 Casull w/Hornady 300XTP

Post by Edster »

Yep I just loaded the 300gr XTP Mags with 30.6gr of the H110, Small Rifle Mag primer. Shot about 15 of them this afternoon. That was about all my wrist could handle. Shooting a Taurus Raging Bull 6 1/2" barrel. Recoil was manageable.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Edster wrote:Yep I just loaded the 300gr XTP Mags with 30.6gr of the H110, Small Rifle Mag primer. Shot about 15 of them this afternoon. That was about all my wrist could handle. Shooting a Taurus Raging Bull 6 1/2" barrel. Recoil was manageable.
That is a about my limit too with the 6.5" barrel raging bull also but boy is that a fun gun to shoot. :mrgreen:
Joe
Edster

Post by Edster »

My wife and several friends say that fun is in the eye of the beholder. Many don't appreciate the JOLT of the recoil thru the wrists, up the arms followed by a 2x4 across your shoulders :lol:

Any way I like it----sadistic what can I say. Well I got my son in law to try the Raging Bull this weekend. He just bought a Ruger Blackhawk convertible, 45 Colt/45ACP. Kinda shamed the Marine into it. He had been hesitant to try it. Well after one round I could see the smile in the corner of his face. Between the two of us we put 50 rounds thru it. Man is this old guy sore!!!!!!!!