Walnut stock ...... really?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
bluesman423

Walnut stock ...... really?

Post by bluesman423 »

I see several new Braztech/ Rossi 92s advertised with a walnut stock. Is this misleading advertising or real?
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Walnut stock ...... really?

Post by pricedo »

bluesman423 wrote:I see several new Braztech/ Rossi 92s advertised with a walnut stock. Is this misleading advertising or real?
If it was true it wouldn't be the first time walnut stocked 92s were made in the Brazilian factory.
Amadeo Rossi (Braztech's predecessor) made some beautiful walnut stocked 92s for Navy Arms.
Owned one in 44 Mag.........it was a work of art with much superior fit/finish compared to the current Braztech R92s.
Of course the price of the Navy Arms 92 version was significantly higher than the run of the mill Amadeo Rossi 92s contemporaneously sold under the Amadeo banner.
If the rumor is true no doubt the unit price has been jacked up to reflect the improvement.
The old Amadeo company would build you anything at any price level as long as you showed them the $$$green$$$.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

careful pretty soon they will run out of their mystery wood and start making composite particle bored (pun intendid) stocks. I think a bakelight stock set done in winchester conventional 92 style would be neat if done correctly. Who knows though time will tell at least what they use now has some potential to be refinished.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

bluesman423 wrote:I see several new Braztech/ Rossi 92s advertised with a walnut stock. Is this misleading advertising or real?
If the rifle is in the $400 to $500 price range with a finished stock, I would not think it a walnut stock and the ad is misleading.
Michael
kokopelli

Post by kokopelli »

'Walnut' must be Portuguese for 'any tall plant structure that grows in the jungle'.
JackOAT

Post by JackOAT »

Now that is funny!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

The stocks are probably not walnut because this new Braztech company pretty much does their own thing and sticks pretty close to the script. They even cancelled a wholesale contract to supply Puma 92 rifles to LSI shortly after the Taurus take over.......a contract soon picked up on the rebound by Chiappa.

You could pretend your Braztech 92 stock is properly finished walnut & like the fairy tale princess's carriage that illusion would literally be washed away during the next rain shower. :lol:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I guess we should coin the phrase walnutish for our rifles.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
JackOAT

Post by JackOAT »

A wood like substance that may appear to have a walnut like finish! I should have been a lawyer! And I still want one! Lol

It is like a challenge, first finding one; then making it function! There is a huge market for these lever guns, what the hell is remlin/marlingtonton thinking?
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

JackOAT wrote:A wood like substance that may appear to have a walnut like finish! I should have been a lawyer! And I still want one! Lol

It is like a challenge, first finding one; then making it function! There is a huge market for these lever guns, what the hell is remlin/marlingtonton thinking?
You'll find that the newer Marlins are a lot better than the ones made at the Ilion, NY factory in its first 2 years in production.........Remlin is getting their stuff together in regards to building quality leverguns. The 336s & 1895s I looked at on racks in the past month are as good functionally as anything made in the JM era and the wood was real walnut. In contrast, in 2010 half the Remlins I checked out on racks were defective.

Rossi has been kind enough to allow us to acquire leverguns at the low end of the price scale as long as we're willing to accept mystery wood stocks and are able and willing to do a lot of the fitting & finishing work ourselves.

The higher end leverguns like the Miroku/Browning/Winchester (BLRs, 92s, 94s, 1886 etc.) with real walnut and a finish that won't wash off in the first rain shower that you can pull out of the box and shoot +guns without any preliminary fixing up start at $1200 a pop.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA