Singe action vs. double action?

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
massmanute
Founding Member
Founding Member

Singe action vs. double action?

Post by massmanute »

... revolvers that is...
olderndirt

Re: Singe action vs. double action?

Post by olderndirt »

I have both actions, I shoot both single action in most conditions. Accuracy is best with single action in every pistol I have shot. I also like the recoil action in single actions.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I have both and I like to carry my SA when riding my motorcycle, But I enjoy my DA also more compact faster reloads. I think it should depend on which you are a better shot with and what your goals and intentions are for the option.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ky Miller

Post by Ky Miller »

I generally carry a 44 Bulldog when I take the monster Maltese out in the yard. A SP101 goes to the range along with a "rescue" 27-2 Smith.(some people should not be allowed near a fine firearm), and for loads of fun a 1960 Flattop 357 Blackhawk or Bounty Hunter in 45 Colt. Bounty Hunters are a well kept secret apparently. I've had 4 Vaqueros that did not shoot as accurately or to point of aim. This gun is very well made and quite a bit cheaper than a Vaquero. Generally speaking, use whichever gun fills the need. I'd be hard pressed to pick one out of the bunch "if you could only have one handgun"....
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

All of mine are double action.
3 Colts, 1 Ruger and the rest Smiths (majority).

I don't mind singles and I shoot most of the doubles single action at least half the time if not more but I haven't gotten around to getting into the singles and since Ruger upped their prices and cut down the number of Bisley actions they are putting out I'm not certain I ever will. I greatly prefer the Bisley grip to the plowhandle.