R92 454 arrived today

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: R92 454 arrived today

Post by Ranch Dog »

joec wrote:He keep telling me the fact my gun check out they won't repair or replace the part and it is a restricted part.
Rossi (Braztech) just doesn't get it, that they are wearing their customers thin. I see things changing there but it is simply not going to be fast enough.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

joec wrote:Thanks guys it is appreciated.

I just got off the phone with Rossi and one of their CS reps. He keep telling me the fact my gun check out they won't repair or replace the part and it is a restricted part. At that point I told him I need to speak to a supervisor so he said he will call back within 48 hours. So at this point I will wait to see if they will replace the inner magazine tube if not and won't sell me one then it is off to a gun smith to have it redone and refinished. Rossi doesn't seem to understand that once I buy a gun and know it functions perfectly to factory spec, they will never see it again as I will surely break the warranty with my changes at that point. At that point it gun smiths only.
A sign of the times.
Braztech warranties are like so many product warranties today with escape/walk-out clauses in favor of the seller you could drive an eighteen wheeler through. Read just about any product warranty thoroughly and after you've waded through all the legal beagle mumbo jumbo you'll realize that the seller is essentially assuming no post-purchase responsibility for the product at all and I'm constantly amazed at their brazenness for asking the customer to purchase an extended warranty at the point of purchase that is as vacant and worthless as the original product warranty thereby adding insult to injury. :evil:
Dealing in todays market place is essentially picking the least of a bunch of scams. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
joec wrote:He keep telling me the fact my gun check out they won't repair or replace the part and it is a restricted part.
Rossi (Braztech) just doesn't get it, that they are wearing their customers thin. I see things changing there but it is simply not going to be fast enough.
Sales must be up and the Taurus board of directors reasonably happy with the profit figures and Kressner secure in his position enjoying the big pay days, performance bonuses and gold plated benefits & perks that us plebes can only imagine when watching "Dallas" reruns while Kressner lives the dream as a real life "JR Ewing".

I think Kressner and Braztech get it.......they just don't give a rats a** at this point in time because as worn thin as the customers might be they are still customers buying the guns "blind" (sight unseen) and even going as far as to pay gunsmiths out of their own pockets to get substandard products fixed and brought up to acceptable working condition that this manufacturer absolutely and blatantly refuses to take any responsibility whatsoever for.

If people are buying their substandard products what incentive does Taurus/Braztech have to change? There is no real competition for pistol caliber leverguns at that price range. For most of us buying a Miroku Winchester 92 for $1200 is not a viable option.

Enter Remlin at some point in the future with a new & improved line of 1894s in the same price range and the above marketing dynamic will change. Until then Kressner will throw us the odd placating placebo promise from time to time and the real situation will remain absolutely STATIC........that's why he gets the big bucks .......for being the undisputed Baron of BS. :lol:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Trailboss
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Trailboss »

Bottom line is if you have a good one and if it didn't cost an arm and a leg then you got a good deal. When they work as they should, they are a fine rifle.
Aim small, miss small.
Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Quinc »

Thanks for the updates. I think I am going to wait on picking one of these up now. :(
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Quinc wrote:Thanks for the updates. I think I am going to wait on picking one of these up now. :(
If you can arrange a situation where you can thoroughly examine & inspect the gun before purchase you can greatly reduce the chances of getting a "lemon".
Next best option is buying from a dealer like Davidsons that will allow returns/refunds if your product is defective.
Braztech will treat a big wholesale dealer like Davidsons that buys 100s of guns per year from them a lot more promptly & respectfully than they do us plebes.
This stuff with the water soluble stock finish is a nuance to me because the three Amadeo Rossi 92s I own had a decent albeit plain jane brown "walnutish" water resistant finish from day 1. The stocks are Brazilian mystery wood and really turned out nice after a couple of applications of Tru-Oil.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Quinc »

pricedo wrote:
Quinc wrote:Thanks for the updates. I think I am going to wait on picking one of these up now. :(
If you can arrange a situation where you can thoroughly examine & inspect the gun before purchase you can greatly reduce the chances of getting a "lemon".
Next best option is buying from a dealer like Davidsons that will allow returns/refunds if your product is defective.
Braztech will treat a big wholesale dealer like Davidsons that buys 100s of guns per year from them a lot more promptly & respectfully than they do us plebes.
This stuff with the water soluble stock finish is a nuance to me because the three Amadeo Rossi 92s I own had a decent albeit plain jane brown "walnutish" water resistant finish from day 1. The stocks are Brazilian mystery wood and really turned out nice after a couple of applications of Tru-Oil.
The only ones I have been able to find for sale are on Gunbroker. I have tried to order through my local gun shop and a Dicks sporting goods but they can't seem to find one. Looking at 1886 45-70s now. +guns
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

I normally buy from a few local dealer including Bud's. However none could get one for the 6 month I looked, leaving Gunbroker.
Joe
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Hear you on the 1886 45-70. Great minds think alike.
Just picked up a Winchester Extra Light grade 1 in 45-70.
Weighs in at a tad over 7 pounds which is a lot easier to carry all day than the 9+ pound Chiappa 1886 that I dumped because I was crawling on my hands and knees dragging it through the bush after a few hours in the field.
My 92/454 weighs in at just over 6 pounds unloaded & is an ideal brush gun.
If you can beat the odds and get a good one you can't do better than a Rossi 92/454.
I lucked out with my Amadeos and didn't have any of the quality issues some of ours members are having with the Braztech rifles.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Xshot

Post by Xshot »

joec - first I would like to wish you a full and speedy recovery.

I've been following this thread, because I'm also a new .454 owner. Mine came with the head of the mag ring screw snapped off. Also the forearm wood was machine improperly. I waiting for the to ship me a new screw and mag ring. A replacement ring is required, because I will have to drill out the damaged screw and ruin the mag ring in the process. They'll replace the forearm wood, but I have to send them the original first. I willing to bet they have a lot of customers wanting a nicer furniture, therefore the goofy policy.

The action and trigger seem pretty smooth as delivered. Hopefully, I'll be as happy with my .454 as I now am with my SS .357 R92.