Newbie question

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Newbie question

Post by pricedo »

+1
My Skinner invoice indicated $10 for 10 screws so unless the SG screws are made of gold you're getting screwed (pun intended :lol: ) if you buy the SG screws at his price. :mrgreen:

I'm going to pull the scope off of that Win 94 Trails End in 450 Marlin and handload some heavy hc lead bullets into the already shortened Hornady cases from firing the 325 grain FTX factory loads and use it for close in brush work as I'm not satisfied with the long range accuracy of the 2 Hornady factory ammo offerings (325 grain FTX, 350 grain FP) in this caliber when fired from the 94TE. Some might be satisfied with 4MOA @ 100 yards (3-shot groups) but I'm not accepting that shabby standard from a $1300 gun. Sometimes the gun is good & the ammo is good and the scope is good but the combination is bad.

I looked high & low for the plug screws but couldn't find them. There's so much junk in that workshop of mine you could hide a bull elephant in there.

I also bought an attractive compact carrying case for a take down rifle (I own 3 of them) for $59 from the Skinner vendor website.
If I like the case after a hands-on inspection I'll order 2 more.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA