My ideal ejector spring for a 38/357 R92

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
calan

My ideal ejector spring for a 38/357 R92

Post by calan »

While waiting on my gunslinger spring kit and rummaging through junk drawers, I happen to spot an old coil-on-plug boot spring laying on the work bench. Something clicked and a light bulb went on, and after a snip with the wire cutters it turned out to be the perfect ejector spring.

The one I used came from a Dodge Intrepid (I think), but any of them will be similar. I used a piece off of one end, trimmed to about one full coil past where they tighten up. It is the perfect length and tension for a light ejector spring, and is easy to assemble into the bolt.

I got the kit in from Brownell's, but ended up going back to the COP spring for the ejector because it works much better than the long spring that came in the kit.

As always, YMMV.
Fullthrottle

Re: My ideal ejector spring for a 38/357 R92

Post by Fullthrottle »

Love that thinking outside the box mentality! Good find, I think I have a few COP's lying around my shop, mostly from Toyota and Ford. Now ya got me thinking! :)