Rossi 92 with Taurus tang sight

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
sparx

Rossi 92 with Taurus tang sight

Post by sparx »

Hi,
Got a new Rossi 92 in .44 mag, nice gun. My old eyes not good with barrel mounted buckhorn.

I read a Taurus tang sight can be mounted on the Rossi 92. I found one for $65.00. These are suppose to be made well.

Does one screw replace the tang screw that hold the receiver to the stock?

Anyone have this set up, please post info if not a good idea and if special screws are required. I do know one hole needs drill and tap.

sparx
Sosoomi

Re: Rossi 92 with Taurus tang sight

Post by Sosoomi »

I put a Marbles Tang Sight on my R92 in .44 Mag, case colored receiver and a 24" Octagonal barrel.... The tang on the gun was already drilled and I believe the sight came with the screws. It took longer to remove the buckhorn sight than installing the Tang....

It took me a little to get used to the sight but I have no trouble ringing the gong at 100 yards. It also comes with three different apertures ....
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by ironhead7544 »

I had one on a Short Rifle in 44 Mag. Did not like the locking system. Too Small. It would fall over when fired. I would get the Marbles. You also need different screws. If you get the Taurus, the screws for the Marble will work. Brownells has them.

Do a search here for more info.

Midway has the Varner tang sight for $75.00. I would get that one over the Taurus.

JMHO.
sparx

Post by sparx »

Thanks all, I ordered a Marbels from Brownells with the screw set. I used a prior thread here for reference on part numbers and locating the sight.

Sparx