6 month 410 review

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
bueller66

6 month 410 review

Post by bueller66 »

Well I guess there aren't too many 410's out there so I thought I would do a quick review.
Day 1
Gnarly as all get out in box....but I still took her home....found my can of CRC Brakeclean in the garage and that remedied the gunk easily.
Just had to clean, clean and clean some more. Action was clunky but she was new. Took a little emory cloth to the lever and smoothed out a few spots internally.
Oiled her good and decided to Load her up.
410 shells thru the loading gate....holy moly rough as all get out. However it was the mag spring that was tight so i loaded 5 in the pipe and let her sit for 3 days....took her out and just started shooting on the weekend. Guess what? She loosens up just fine with use and now she is quite easy to load after around 100 rounds. Rounds go in like butter.
She started to not eject the shells after about 20 rounds and jamming up....Extractor was the issue....can't load one if one is still there...
pulled the bolt and took a needle nose pliars and gave it a tweek....no more issues with jamming. Everytime I field strip her I check and tweek the extractor.
She has become very smooth with time...I can shoot all day and my knuckles are no longer sore. So smooth. I am very pleased with my 410.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 6 month 410 review

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the report and it sounds like the other Rio Grande's; just clean them up, shoot them, tweak them a bit, and keeping shooting them!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: 6 month 410 review

Post by akuser47 »

good reprt thanks for sharing
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!