410 oiling the wood

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
bueller66

410 oiling the wood

Post by bueller66 »

410.jpg
Have just been using Hoppe's Elite gun oil on a rag and it is getting nice and rich
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bueller66

Re: 410 oiling the wood

Post by bueller66 »

also will be removing the scope rail....no need for a scope on a 410 need to get the filler screws first. then she will be just purdy
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

bueller66 wrote:also will be removing the scope rail....no need for a scope on a 410 need to get the filler screws first. then she will be just purdy
Better take the hanging pictures down off the walls & do three advance "Hail Marys" for the upcoming cuss words before you tackle removing that scope rail.............the rail screws are in there really, really solid and in some case the rail appears to be epoxied onto the gun.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
bueller66

Post by bueller66 »

I am retired NAVY. just because it is there doesn't mean it can't be removed :)
bueller66

Post by bueller66 »

I just pulled it!!!!!!!!! pics on the way. It came right off!!!!!!!
bueller66

Post by bueller66 »

I would like to say I did something special....I have heard about that rail....
I took a screwdriver and removed 4 screws in 2 minutes....the rail came off...no hammering no nothing but a screwdriver no BS
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Maybe Rossi is paying attention to posts on this forum and actively attempting to develop remedies to complaints voiced therein........if that is the case .........thanks Rossi :D ........much appreciated :D ........the rails used to be tough to remove.

I think Rossi and anyone else that visits this forum realizes that we are serious, gun savvy people and not a bunch of rude, immature juveniles and bashers like you encounter from time to time on other forums.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I would hope that someone from RossiUSA/Braztech would look at this site at least from a product improvement perspective. We are a very pro-Rossi group that has been supporting their products.

Technically, the "rail' is not a rail but a base. Rails conform to Mil Std 1913 for slot spacing and the Rossi base doesn't, it conforms to the specs of the Weaver Base Mount. Typically rails are longer in length to accommodate several focal planes or multiple accessories, in the case of a 336/1895 style levergun, this would cause the rail to extend from over the receiver out forward along the barrel (think XS system).

This probably is irrelevant in that you just want to get rid of it but this might be pulled up in a search and I want others to be aware as some stuff that will attach to a rail will not attach to a weaver style base. Same thing back the other way. Some stuff that will attach to the base will not attach to the rail. Spent money on that t-shirt.

What I wish Rossi would listen to is this. Please start anodizing the base and stop painting it. The thick paint causes variations in thickness and wear that manifest themselves with security issues over time. Anodizing also affects the properties of the aluminum which increases its strength.

My greatest "aftermarket" wish is that someone would consider the Rossi line for an anodized aluminum base as I really doubt such will be available from Rossi.
Michael