Rossi 92 ejects live round of .38 special when I work the

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
hqmhqm

Re: Rossi 92 ejects live round of .38 special when I work

Post by hqmhqm »

Thanks for your responses. I got a box of American Eagle lead round nose .38 special and they worked fine, everything fed perfectly.

I guess it was just the flat nosed FMJ that I was using (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/295044 ... -box-of-50) were just a little too short for the action.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Thats good to hear if you start loading your own get .357 brass and load them to .38 special powder loads it helps keep the carbon ring from biulding up in your chamber and saves on powder as well. I load alot of my .357 cases to .38 special powder loads and adjust my overal lengfth to work with my rifle asw even mine can get picking if to short of O.A.L.. Did she shoot accurate or are you still feeling her out?
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
hqmhqm

Post by hqmhqm »

It shot very accurately for me, once I figured out what the drop was at 100 yards. The .38 special seems to hit about eight inches lower than the .357 does at that distance.

I am using the Skinner peep sight that goes into the rear sight slot, it works surprisingly well!

I use Image