Savage 10 FCM Scout

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Savage 10 FCM Scout

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Ranch Dog wrote:I believe in sharing it with others, young and old. Take a look at the little girl in the picture, she is a woman working in New York City that understands firearms for self defense and hunting. Her children will know the same. That my friends is why we should share what we do.
I agree 110%. I was lucky enough to have family to teach me the skills to feed myself. It is now my job to pass it on to my younger family members and friends who want to learn how to hunt and defend themselves.
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by ironhead7544 »

It is hard to understand the scout concept until you have put a few hundred rounds through one.
Chris

Post by Chris »

I wish I had more pictures around. I think one of the things I will do from now on is make sure and capture the moments with a camera. My memory is not what it could be. Thanks for the pics RD.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Chris wrote:I wish I had more pictures around. I think one of the things I will do from now on is make sure and capture the moments with a camera. My memory is not what it could be. Thanks for the pics RD.
You're welcome. In the last decade and a half, I wish I had taken more pictures with a film camera rather than a digital camera.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

My 7.62x39 Scout is up and running!

Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Looks good, i can't wait for the range reports with your loads. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
geartow

Post by geartow »

As I purchased the same rifle over the weekend . I would like to know what scope and rings your is wearing?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

geartow wrote:As I purchased the same rifle over the weekend . I would like to know what scope and rings your is wearing?
Cool! The scope is the Weaver Classic K4 Scout. I actually purchased Burris and Leupold offerings as well in order to evaluate all three for my Rossi R92 scouts. All three are top notch but the Weaver was my choice. If you look at the product review in the MidwayUSA link you will see my comparison of the three.

The rings in the photo are the Weaver Quad-Lock High rings. I've used these rings for decades and think they are top notch. The medium are too low, the scope eye bell makes contact with the base. The high is just right, when the rifle is shouldered, the eye alignment is perfect and the peep sight doesn't not interfere with the sight picture so there is no need to remove it. I have Weaver Grand Slam Lever-Lok rings enroute to the ranch. Didn't have an extra set. These rings have a lever lock that allows the scope to be pulled off and back on in a second without the scope losing its zero.
Michael
geartow

Post by geartow »

Thank You ,Sir. I was going between the Leatherwood and the Weaver. But after seeing how it looks on yours another fixed power Weaver will be adopted by me..I wish I knew what the scope is on my 92 scout but it has no name just power marking. Now to get this Savage set up and take it to TX. in January for a Pork-chop hunt.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

How do you like the Accutrigger?
I own three Savage bolt action rifles and absolutely love the Accutrigger. :mrgreen:
Modern Savage bolt action rifles with the Accutrigger & Accustock have a well deserved reputation for accuracy.
My 3 are all < 1 MOA @ 100 yard rifles (3-shot groups). :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA