OK, since you guys are smarter then me, I have a question ?

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
wll

OK, since you guys are smarter then me, I have a question ?

Post by wll »

If I raise my front sight height on my Rio Grande by .030, what will be my impact change at 100 yds.

You math guys out there can figure that out I'm sure :- )

wll
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OK, since you guys are smarter then me, I have a questio

Post by Ranch Dog »

wll wrote:If I raise my front sight height on my Rio Grande by .030, what will be my impact change at 100 yds.

Haah! Don't know about being a math guy Will but I was doing old fashion math with this type of stuff today on my Rossi Single Shot Muzzleloader. Raising your front sight .030" with the RG's 14.125" sight radius will shift your Point Of Aim (POA) 7.6" at 100 yards. The actual Point of Impact (POI) varies with the cartridge and is dependent on velocity, bullet weight, and atmospheric conditions at the time of the shot. The latter is known as exterior ballistics and the math behind it is a bit more complicated.
Michael
wll

Post by wll »

Ranch Dog wrote:
wll wrote:If I raise my front sight height on my Rio Grande by .030, what will be my impact change at 100 yds.

Haah! Don't know about being a math guy Will but I was doing old fashion math with this type of stuff today on my Rossi Single Shot Muzzleloader. Raising your front sight .030" with the RG's 14.125" sight radius will shift your Point Of Aim (POA) 7.6" at 100 yards. The actual Point of Impact (POI) varies with the cartridge and is dependent on velocity, bullet weight, and atmospheric conditions at the time of the shot. The latter is known as exterior ballistics and the math behind it is a bit more complicated.
Perfect, I knew a man of your brilliance would come up with the answer :-)

Thank you very much !

wll
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

wll wrote:Thank you very much !
Your welcome Will.
Michael