Now that Kalifornia Threw a Wrench into my Shooting !

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
wll

Re: Now that Kalifornia Threw a Wrench into my Shooting !

Post by wll »

Fullthrottle wrote:
wll wrote:Well now that Kalifornia won't allow lead for hunting anywhere in the state, I guess I must save the lead for out of state hunting or target shooting .... what a bummer !

Man alive, if I did not have my business out here, I would be gone like the wind.

Looks like I have to hunt with Barnes bullets or something like them from now on.

wll
Remember that ban won't likely come to fruition until 2019, though it can be implemented sooner if the need arises! It is not set to take place right away!
From what I have read, it comes to fruition on January 1 2015 !

But the NRA and other groups will be suing Kalifornia, and It may be a thing of Kalifornia backing down because of the millions of dollars of court cost !

wll
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... n/2969497/

Nope no full ban until 2019! Not that it can't be implemented sooner!

Edited, to say you are right about the 2015 starting of this law....but it is not fully in effect until 2019 at this point!
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Looks like Texas will double in size in the next 6 years...... They can have all my lead, 405 grains at a time... :lol:
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

wll

Post by wll »

Fullthrottle wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... n/2969497/

Edited, to say you are right about the 2015 starting of this law....but it is not fully in effect until 2019 at this point!
Yep, you are correct ... I was looking at the law that says i now must take a test to buy a rifle in Kalifornia.

wll
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

wll wrote:
Fullthrottle wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... n/2969497/

Yep, you are correct ... I was looking at the law that says i now must take a test to buy a rifle in Kalifornia.

wll
That was not a surprise, we have had the HSC in CA for some time for handguns....it will be the same for a rifle, stupid test with obvious answers that do nothing to make any of us smarter, but another way to tax us....I mean a fee..... Really do you have a shot that is close to a house and near a roadway....do you take that shot!? That is how dumb the test is for handguns!
Johnz

Post by Johnz »

California is probably the 1st of many states to follow, in the not too distant future, with this type of "law."

Little by little they're tightening the thumb screws to where eventually we will end up like Europe & Australia with firearms licensing. Cooking the frog by turning up the temp 1° at a time.

Like you say though, initially its a money grab for them & once they get used to that 'revenue' they will never let go. :x Ever seen a state lower its fee for a driver's license or license tag?
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

The antis will turn the thumb screws only as tight as WE THE PEOPLE allow them to.
It DOESN'T have to get like the UK here.
Speaking of which our next order of business is to get on the cases of our US Senators with letters & phone calls asking them to vote AGAINST ratification of the US ATT gun ban treaty.
If you want American domestic policy decided by international tin pot dictators and commies by all means bury your heads in the sand and do nothing on this one.
Obama has already sold US national sovereignty out .........the US Senate is the only thing that can stop his treachery now.
The only reason CA is as bad as it is is that it is the retirement home for a lot of super rich antis who can afford to buy more legislators than even the NRA.
Last edited by pricedo on 15 Oct 2013 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

so is there lead free .22lr and all other rimfires?
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!