Now that Kalifornia Threw a Wrench into my Shooting !

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
wll

Now that Kalifornia Threw a Wrench into my Shooting !

Post by wll »

Well now that Kalifornia won't allow lead for hunting anywhere in the state, I guess I must save the lead for out of state hunting or target shooting .... what a bummer !

Man alive, if I did not have my business out here, I would be gone like the wind.

Looks like I have to hunt with Barnes bullets or something like them from now on.

wll
Chris

Re: Now that Kalifornia Threw a Wrench into my Shooting !

Post by Chris »

It is a shame, but a sign of the times.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe you can use lead 22 ammo for small game?
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I've heard murmurings (maybe beer hall BS, maybe fact or a combination thereof......who knows?) that an international lead ban for civilian firearms is on the agenda for all "signatory states" to the UN ATT that Obama just signed in principle subject to approval by the US Senate.
Nothing concrete that I can put my finger on so I won't say any more.
If that treaty is ratified it will be used as leverage for a lot of anti-gun/anti-hunting agendas in the future.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

pricedo wrote:I've heard murmurings (maybe beer hall BS, maybe fact or a combination thereof......who knows?) that an international lead ban for civilian firearms is on the agenda for all "signatory states" to the UN ATT that Obama just signed in principle subject to approval by the US Senate.
If that treaty is ratified it will be used as leverage for a lot of anti-gun/anti-hunting agendas in the future.

and there would be a revolution like you couldn't imagine!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
wll

Post by wll »

pricedo wrote:I've heard murmurings (maybe beer hall BS, maybe fact or a combination thereof......who knows?) that an international lead ban for civilian firearms is on the agenda for all "signatory states" to the UN ATT that Obama just signed in principle subject to approval by the US Senate.
Why we are members of the UN is beyond me.

wll
jalex1941

Post by jalex1941 »

This isn't really right but how will they know if you used lead or not ? Its not like the run the area like a crime scene.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

The Canadian Prime Minister apparently is going to refuse to sign on to the ATT so at least 1 of my countries of dual citizenship has got it right so far.
Gotta keep hammering away at those US Senators with letters and phone calls to pull the rug out from under Obama on the ATT deal with the UN devil.
Can't have a bunch of tin pot dictators and commies (Russia & China) running US domestic policy by proxy.......that just can't be allowed to happen. :!: :!: :!:
The UN via the ATT will turn the USA into one big Kalifornia and lead free ammo will be among the least of our problems as gun owners. :x
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
wll

Post by wll »

pricedo wrote:The Canadian Prime Minister apparently is going to refuse to sign on to the ATT so at least 1 of my countries of dual citizenship has got it right so far.
Gotta keep hammering away at those US Senators with letters and phone calls to pull the rug out from under Obama on the ATT deal with the UN devil.
Can't have a bunch of tin pot dictators and commies (Russia & China) running US domestic policy by proxy.......that just can't be allowed to happen. :!: :!: :!:
The UN via the ATT will turn the USA into one big Kalifornia and lead free ammo will be among the least of our problems as gun owners. :x
Pricedo !!!

You and I are on the same page for sure !

wll
Johnz

Post by Johnz »

jalex1941 wrote:This isn't really right but how will they know if you used lead or not ? Its not like the run the area like a crime scene.
Well, from what I've heard ;) the BHO administration in partnership with Jerry "moonbeam" Brown will be using their "eye-in-the-sky" drones following you around IF you decide to go hunting using lead bullets :mrgreen: .
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

wll wrote:Well now that Kalifornia won't allow lead for hunting anywhere in the state, I guess I must save the lead for out of state hunting or target shooting .... what a bummer !

Man alive, if I did not have my business out here, I would be gone like the wind.

Looks like I have to hunt with Barnes bullets or something like them from now on.

wll
Remember that ban won't likely come to fruition until 2019, though it can be implemented sooner if the need arises! It is not set to take place right away!