92octo front stock removal and crack fix

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
stoked

92octo front stock removal and crack fix

Post by stoked »

G'day all

New Rossi 44 octo has a crack in the front stock. %@*&$ here down south getting anything from the importers, While that is playing out I want to remove the front and rear stocks and redo them. I know on the octo I have to remove the pin that holds in the magazine tube that wedges into the slot cut into the barrel.

Question is,,,,,,, which way do I knock the pin out ? left to right assuming it went in right to left?

Then just pull out the magazine tube(after the front plug screw is removed)

To glue the hardwood, will I just use epoxy?

Thanks

Ivan
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: 92octo front stock removal and crack fix

Post by akuser47 »

I don't have an answer I'm just in to learn myself I like those octy rifles. Hope someone can help. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Pb2au

Post by Pb2au »

Way late on this one, but I just knocked mine out. Starting on the drivers side of the rifle, I knocked it to the passenger side.
jamesgpobog

Post by jamesgpobog »

stoked wrote:G'day all

New Rossi 44 octo has a crack in the front stock. * here down south getting anything from the importers, While that is playing out I want to remove the front and rear stocks and redo them. I know on the octo I have to remove the pin that holds in the magazine tube that wedges into the slot cut into the barrel.

Question is,,,,,,, which way do I knock the pin out ? left to right assuming it went in right to left?

Then just pull out the magazine tube(after the front plug screw is removed)

To glue the hardwood, will I just use epoxy?

Thanks

Ivan
If it was me, and I could spread the crack a little, I'd use carpenters glue and see if I could force some into the crack with the nozzle, then clamp, and wipe the surface clean with a damp paper towel.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Pb2au

Post by Pb2au »

Ha ha! I just realized the OP is from austrailia. So simply reverse what I said.
:mrgreen: