A question of survival !

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: A question of survival !

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote:Well put pricedo I have a 1022 but it is a bull barrel I have modified. a takedown would be nice.
There are lots of more effective guns .........BUT..........HOW MUCH CAN YOU CARRY?........I can carry hundreds/maybe a thousand or two of 22LR rounds in a survival pack sack..........try carrying even 200 x 45-70 or ever 44 Mag rounds around.......pretty heavy.
Your R92/44 is more effective than my 10/22/22LR but not when it's empty! :shock:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

The final touch on my 10/22 post SHTF gun would be a 2-7x28mm compact model Leupold scope on QD rings........this scope is very tough but I can dump the scope in seconds if it breaks & use the iron sights.
The scope will double as my reconnaissance field optic........in a post SHTF world you'll likely need to destroy a lot of your incidentally observed live critters either for food &/or protection.......whether they're on 2 or 4 legs won't matter after a while. :mrgreen:
After the complete collapse has been reality for a while and the nut cases know for sure they are free agents answerable to no one an armed human I don't know will be neutralized instantly & without hesitation.
We didn't make number 1 on the worlds most dangerous predator list by being Mr. Nice Guys...........you'll be mortified at what's left after the thin veneer of civilization washes off of us all........no exceptions..........the DNA blueprint is basically the same.
Like "The Governor" in "The Walking Dead" TV series says..........YOU KILL OR YOU DIE ! +guns :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I think my single six could have a part to play as a carry gun beens it has a mag cylinder also for little added weigth makes it more useable. Have a back up in .22LR and .22 short in my main cylinder and .22 mag in my other more options on scavengable ammo. +guns I wish rossi made .22 lever guns still
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote:I think my single six could have a part to play as a carry gun beens it has a mag cylinder also for little added weigth makes it more useable. Have a back up in .22LR and .22 short in my main cylinder and .22 mag in my other more options on scavengable ammo. +guns I wish rossi made .22 lever guns still
+1
I have a S&W model 18 DA revolver with a 4" barrel in 22LR that would be on my belt.
Single actions are too slow to load & fire.
2 different guns but the same ammo.........22LR.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
Nothing wrong with the caliber . 22 rimfire for use on game and as an assasin tool. But if you have a close in attacker you are gonna get hurt trying to stop them. Yea they may die later.
Remember the Army tried the caliber .38 revolvers in the Philipines and discovered they will not stop an attacker. Numerous thugs have been popped with caliber .22 rimfire in our day and have completed their task ruthlessly. Me I want minimal caliber .40 something with heavy slugs. Probably going to be a Titanium .41 mag.
If caliber .22 was all I had OK. But today is the time to prepare. All those thousands of caliber .22 rimfire mean very little applied wrongly.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Clint Eastwood as Inspector Harry Callaghan told Lt. Briggs (Hal Holbrook),"a man's gotta know his limitations".
A corollary to that is that a man has gotta know his strengths.......what he can do and has done in the past consistently ........not what he thinks he can do.
The effectiveness of any particular weapon depends on your abilities, training and experience.
I'd be very happy with the 10/22 and model 18 revolver both in 22LR.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

pricedo wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:Another good read is "Once Second After" which is written by a guy that understands the threat. None of this ends good.
NOBODY UNDERSTANDS THE THREAT .......we in our comfortable homes in our comfortable communities in North America have never experienced what it is like when civilized society collapses & enforced rule of law is completely removed.......I mean no cops anywhere, forever.
Those that have will take from those that don't have. Ammo will be the key to protect what you have.

The Zombies will win +guns
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

golfish wrote:
pricedo wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:Another good read is "Once Second After" which is written by a guy that understands the threat. None of this ends good.
NOBODY UNDERSTANDS THE THREAT .......we in our comfortable homes in our comfortable communities in North America have never experienced what it is like when civilized society collapses & enforced rule of law is completely removed.......I mean no cops anywhere, forever.
Those that have will take from those that don't have. Ammo will be the key to protect what you have.

The Zombies will win +guns
Tuco's Redneck investments say "invest in lead".......
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

agreed lead is gold in bad times +guns +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

The copper jacketed lead is at all time record levels on the redneck Dow Jones .... :o +corn
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson