A question of survival !

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
olereb

Re: A question of survival !

Post by olereb »

thegreatzues wrote:
wll wrote:
pricedo wrote:The forbidden fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
80% bad, 20% good.........????
You make it sound like there's a choice mechanism in play.
Our behavior isn't dictated by fancy gold embroidered paper declarations issued by Congress called laws or the flowery speeches of Abe Lincoln & Martin Luther King or the pathetically laughable rules of international behavior of the UN.
Our behavior is dictated by the ancient code written in sequences of amino acids in the double helix strands of DNA that make up our genome.
Like it or not we are programmed critters.
The parameters for our programming are wide enough to create the illusion of free choice.
We have no more choice about acting according to our natures than Newton's famous apple did about whether to fall up or down.
Let's enjoy the fantasy of civilization while it lasts and I sincerely hope that will be til the end of my lifetime and then it won't matter.........you have my permission to blow her all to smithereens once the coppers are on my eye lids. :mrgreen:
Pricedo !

You are so correct, we are who we are through many tens of thousands of years of programmed code. The law that a politician says does not mean anything when the ^%$* hits the fan.

We all will revert to the survival of the fittest and that is the way it is. The politicians can pass all the laws they want and it won't mean a thing because no one will pay attention to them. You will not have police on the street, as they will or could become the hunted, The guys that help protect us will have their hands full as will the fire dept and all city and county services ...if in fact we are able to have those services, It will be every man for himself, it WILL be a horrendous situation !

Great post pricedo !

wll
i have a question and i agree with all of you , i work in beharvor health and i see lots of people that are not all there and some are and are very violent , my question to yall is if my main battle rifle is the riogrande 4570 how much ammo would be sufficient enough i have 120 rounds im sure i need more but there excpensive and heavy lol oh and also if any of yall are thinking about bugging in i would suggest the WATERBOB 100 gallons in your tube its a blatter that you put in there

A lot more than 120,without getting into exact #'s I keep minimum 1k rounds for every rifle that I have. The only exception to that is 45-70 due to brass cost but I also don't plan on taking a 45-70 with me if I actually had to leave my house,i would have no problem using that caliber at home but i'm not carrying it.
thegreatzues

Post by thegreatzues »

yeah i agree with you that would stink, but sadly to say thats the only rilfe i have, yeah but thanks for the info i need to work more on my rifle ammo , just got sooo caught up in water and food.. lol
olereb

Post by olereb »

thegreatzues wrote:yeah i agree with you that would stink, but sadly to say thats the only rilfe i have, yeah but thanks for the info i need to work more on my rifle ammo , just got sooo caught up in water and food.. lol

Totally understandable. Have you ever considered reloading?,that is one way you could build up a good amount of 45-70 rounds. I have reloaded for several years but recently got into casting also and even in 45-70 its not hard to build up a good supply once you invest in the components/tools needed. By far the biggest expense for me now is the brass which I just buy a hundred at a time when I have some left over after the bills are paid,you can also get on the Starline waiting list and get them cheaper than going through the other online stores. Just a suggestion since its really helped me out.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Get a reloading setup to feed that beast 4570 uses alot of lead and powder. I would try to offset this cost with a henry .22 lever maybe. lightweigth reliable and ammo is cheap if you can find it.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

I choose reloading many years ago. In the beginning I just enjoyed the personal satisfaction that the round I just fired down range was in part put together by me. I still love to reload but I have a whole new out look to reloading. Now I do not want to be dependent upon a store for my ammo. Do the best you can and what you can afford.
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

thegreatzues

Post by thegreatzues »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:I choose reloading many years ago. In the beginning I just enjoyed the personal satisfaction that the round I just fired down range was in part put together by me. I still love to reload but I have a whole new out look to reloading. Now I do not want to be dependent upon a store for my ammo. Do the best you can and what you can afford.
yeah thanks yall , i was looking into one of those lee 3 die sets or maybe it was the single one... anyway i really wanted to reload cause i love learning about differnt balistics and diffrent grian to fps.. but i guess it wouldn't hurt to get on that waiting list cause im not doing anything rite now....lol but even just knowing how to reload is a goal and a skill that i must learn ... i figured that the situaton and the place i stay at now i don't really need alot of room just be organized ... but thanks yall i really appreiate it
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Don't be opposed to looking for used equipment. I have picked up lots of used stuff off ebay and local thrift stores. Most of it just needed a good cleaning and some TLC. My current press is an old Redding T-25 turret set up. Strong as a mule and works great for what I need. Would like to find a couple of single stage presses and I will in time find them.
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

thegreatzues

Post by thegreatzues »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:Don't be opposed to looking for used equipment. I have picked up lots of used stuff off ebay and local thrift stores. Most of it just needed a good cleaning and some TLC. My current press is an old Redding T-25 turret set up. Strong as a mule and works great for what I need. Would like to find a couple of single stage presses and I will in time find them.
oh don't get me wrong , i would love a reloading equpment but i don't have anyspace to put it plus i live with my mother at the moment and my brother is an a hole and him and his firends would steal it or probly try and ruin it in some way :evil: it sad cause i have to be careful on wat i say or do so that he dosn't know that i have guns .. reason being cause if he found out his "friends " would break into my room and steal them... but yeah it don't matter to me if it was used ... to me it has character and actually has been used..but one of these days if i just keep the faith i'll get my own place and have a whole garage full of reloading equipment..lol
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Still rather have a loaded 10/22 than a 223, 300 Win Mag, 338 Lapua, 357, 44, 45-70, 460 Weatherby, 50 BMG that ran out of ammo a week ago............but what do I know?..........I'm admittedly behind the times with my stubborn adherence to the functional & working criterion as the top priority. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
thegreatzues

Post by thegreatzues »

pricedo wrote:Still rather have a loaded 10/22 than a 223, 300 Win Mag, 338 Lapua, 357, 44, 45-70, 460 Weatherby, 50 BMG that ran out of ammo a week ago............but what do I know?..........I'm admittedly behind the times with my stubborn adherence to the functional & working criterion as the top priority. :mrgreen:
lol thats true... my grandpa has some .22lr stored up .. but me being young i get ahead of my self sometimes and forget to just have faith in the lord...