Loading the M92

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Loading the M92

Post by Ranch Dog »

The bottom edge might be rough.
Michael
a__l__a__n

Post by a__l__a__n »

Ok, I took the Rossi to the range today along with my Ruger NMBH. Between the two of them I shot about 160 rounds, a mixture of gentle handloads (158gr SWC over 4.0gr Bullseye in a 357 case with CCI 500 primers) and full power Fiocci 142gr FMJTC (advertised at 1420fps, unknow barrel length). I was switching between the two guns so I really don't know how many I put through the Rossi, but I would guess at least half.

I loaded the rounds into the Rossi with the bolt halfway back so I could watch what was happening -- and that was quite helpful in working around the issue I posted about above. This enabled me to get the rounds loaded without any significantproblems (even the SWC). Seeing how things lined up as the rounds went in was quite helpful. It might also be the case that 357 rounds load more easily than 38 special - which is what I was using when I had the trouble previously.

The rounds fed into the chamber without any trouble, but I was not going fast. Before each time I ejected an empty case, I laid a sock over the top of the ejection port to keep the brass from escaping - otherwise the Rossi would have been throwing brass all over the building. (I reload so brass is precious!) That slowed me down a bit but as a result I was keeping a close eye on the action and it worked.

There were a couple of times where the loading gate popped out through the hole, but a firm rap with a pencil eraser poked it right back in.

My new spring kit arrived today, but it will be at least a week before I have a chance to do anything with it.
Well, if it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Glad you got springs so soon your brass will land at your feet not ten feet away.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!