Fake Gun Group Alert

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
jh45gun

Fake Gun Group Alert

Post by jh45gun »

This is from the Buckeye Firearms Association.
Do you remember the phoney "American Hunters and Shooters Association" that pretended to support gun rights ... but actually advocated more gun control and endorsed (surprise, surprise) Barack Obama?

Well, now with the 2014 elections gearing up, another fake gun group has popped up claiming to support "sane" gun ownership.

They're called the American Rifle and Pistol Association and they're officially launching today, July 4. But don't be fooled by all the firearm photos on their Facebook page or all the Second Amendment talk on their colorful website.

Here are direct quotes from their statement of principles:

R+P exists to promote SANE gun ownership and SANE firearms management. SANE stands for: Safety, Advocacy, Networking, and Education.

R+P believes that it is each state's right to determine for benefit of its citizens any prerequisites, qualifications, documentation, training, and levels of demonstrated proficiency, if any, deemed necessary for lawful use of differing types of weapon systems. The establishment of any such requirements are not the prerogative of the federal government.

R+P seeks to work with state and local governments to help establish effective training and licensing programs designed to increase public safety while protecting eligible citizens' rights to keep and bear arms.

Got that? "Sane" gun ownership. Demonstrated proficiency. Licensing programs. Protecting "eligible" citizens' rights.

Exactly where in the Second Amendment does it say any of this? Who determines what is or is not sane? Since when do we need to demonstrate anything to exercise a right? Why do we need more licensing? And who exactly are the oh-so-lucky "eligible" citizens among us who will be granted protection from this bogus group of sham artists?

No, we don't want "insane" people to have guns. And yes, we think training is great. But we don't need more restrictions. We've been fighting for years to remove restrictions that do nothing to improve public safety and are designed merely to infringe on our rights as American citizens.

Spread the word about the counterfeit American Rifle and Pistol Association. Not only are they frauds, they're purposely insulting all gun owners by launching their pretend group on Independence Day.

Those of us with Buckeye Firearms Association, and thousands of other good Americans around the country, work countless hours week after week, year after year, volunteering our time to defend and advance our rights.

We don't hide who we are or what we stand for. What you see it what you get. If you disagree with us, fine. Stand up and be heard. But don't put on a mask and lie about your true intentions. That we cannot tolerate.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Fake Gun Group Alert

Post by akuser47 »

Yea these types are all around us. Sad that they think they are gonna make the world a safer place. Statistics prove that in cities with the strict gun control and no carry gun crime is rampant. This to me is proof.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote:Yea these types are all around us. Sad that they think they are gonna make the world a safer place. Statistics prove that in cities with the strict gun control and no carry gun crime is rampant. This to me is proof.
Ask yourself:
If you were a home invader/burglar/mugger (an enterprising, multitasking felon) where would you rather practice your chosen profession?
In Cuero, Texas with a 2A-minded guy like RD around or Washington, DC or NYC, NY where there are few household guns and even fewer personally carried guns?
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I agree and with proof in front of them they still act blind to this fact!
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

akuser47 wrote:Yea these types are all around us. Sad that they think they are gonna make the world a safer place. Statistics prove that in cities with the strict gun control and no carry gun crime is rampant. This to me is proof.

Yep 100% correct! This goes so far into our society it is scary! Many anti gun factions have watched and even been (temporary) members on so many gun related forums, trying to obtain "ammo" against us law abiding folks. All I can say is help one another out as we have been.

Being from Commiefornia...I am tired of defending my rights, but not so tired that I am wiling to lay down. Fighting for our rights in this state is just a never ending battle.....and I mean never ending!