Firing pin spring ?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
phonejack

Firing pin spring ?

Post by phonejack »

I removed the safety to see what it would take to grind it down and make it inoperable (R92) put it back together without doing anything and then wondered if there "is" a firing pin spring. Is the firing pin spring loaded and I have lost it, or is it a rebounding type ? Little help please. I don't see a spring in the schematic for the firing pin.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Firing pin spring ?

Post by Ranch Dog »

phonejack wrote:I removed the safety to see what it would take to grind it down and make it inoperable (R92) put it back together without doing anything and then wondered if there "is" a firing pin spring. Is the firing pin spring loaded and I have lost it, or is it a rebounding type ? Little help please. I don't see a spring in the schematic for the firing pin.
The only spring you might lose is the very small one that sits inside the safety. There is a little steel ball that usually takes off when you pull the safety out as well.
Michael
phonejack

Re: Firing pin spring ?

Post by phonejack »

Thanks !