Lee-Loader Forum

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Lee-Loader Forum

Post by mr surveyor »

now, dangit.... you had to go and mention dove season. I live from September to September for dove season. This year I have to accompany mrs surv to Alaska during the end of July and first of August, and to be honest (as much as we've always wanted to go to Alaska), I can't wait to get that trip out of the way so I can once again concentrate on the more important aspects of life .... in other words - DOVE SEASON.

I think we still have enough birds from last season for another big cooking for our group of 6 that hunt together.

mmmmmm ... a glop of cream cheese and a hunk of jalapeno pepper in the cavity, wrapped with and toothpicked by a strip of bacon, then covered with a dry rub of brown sugar, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Lay out 35-40 on a cheap round grill top, flip another grill top over them ... wire the grill tops together and set em over the charcoal and wood chips. Flip the whole batch at one time ever 5 minutes for 4 sessions and serve.

did I get off topic? did someone mention doves? is it too early to go to the dove camp?

surv :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Good morning
Most of the tools I have nearby are Lee production. Sounds like an interesting venture. Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Ninety Caliber

Post by Ninety Caliber »

Good morning, got my Lee Classic Turret Press Kit Yesterday ! Hopefully will get my bench today and start to get set up! Been shooting for years but now that I'm retired, can't afford to shoot as much as I would like .....hence, we begin! Woo Hoo!
N.C.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ninety Caliber wrote:Good morning, got my Lee Classic Turret Press Kit Yesterday ! Hopefully will get my bench today and start to get set up! Been shooting for years but now that I'm retired, can't afford to shoot as much as I would like .....hence, we begin! Woo Hoo!
That is absolutely outstanding! +guns
Michael
Deleted User 327

Post by Deleted User 327 »

I have sent an email to the Lee forum requiring that all of my information be removed from the Lee-Loader forum immediately as I gave no permission to be included in it, have no desire to be on it, nor have no Lee reloading presses.

I feel that this action is a violation of the intent of the Rossi forum and deeply resent my personal information being provided to another forum that I have no interest in.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

COSteve wrote:I have sent an email to the Lee forum requiring that all of my information be removed from the Lee-Loader forum immediately as I gave no permission to be included in it, have no desire to be on it, nor have no Lee reloading presses.

I feel that this action is a violation of the intent of the Rossi forum and deeply resent my personal information being provided to another forum that I have no interest in.
I responded to your email. Would you like your user account deleted on this forum?
Michael
Rhody Rat

Post by Rhody Rat »

Ranch Dog

I am looking forward to the new forum. I inherited some Lee reloading equipment, now I also own a Rossi 92 in 357 and a Rio Grande in 45-70.
Sounds like a match to me.

Thanks
John
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

Just got back from the Lee Loader forum. Nice place and I hope it catches on.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I don't reload in anywhere near the volume I did back in the 70s & 80s because of the much greater quality & selection of factory loaded ammo today.
Just bought 15 boxes of Remington Core-Lokt 170 grain 30-30 ammo on sale for $14.94 a box.......can't beat that !.........that ammo will last me a long time even though I now own 3 "new" (new to me) original Winchester 94 30-30s.
My RG 30-30 really likes the factory Hornady 160 grain FTX stuff.
The Core-Lokt performs as good as a Nosler for the slow to intermediate velocity ammo like the 170 grain 30-30 Winchester........there is NO difference in terminal performance but the Nosler ammo is 3X as expensive.......why waste the money or the time hand loading when quality factory ammo is so cheap.
For me time is money and if factory will do the job that's what I get.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Just a few remarks:

Let's take a big deep breath & relax.

1) the "personal information" we share with the administrator of this forum RD is very minimal (a non-identifying screen name, birth date, location) and the "information" is not verified or vetted (those who are very sensitive about privacy stuff could very well provide bogus data in these fields). It's not like RR or LL were vending websites like your Cabelas or Amazon online accounts containing specific name, address, phone number & banking and credit card information.

2) the custodian of the information on both the RR and LL forums is the same person RD whom I've never met personally but trust implicitly by instinct judging from the daily dialogue on this forum. After 60+ years on this planet it doesn't take long to separate the good guys from the bad guys and RD is definitely a good guy.

3) in the transition from RR to LL I'm reasonably sure that no new person or entity was given access to the rather scanty/unverified (might not even be true) personal "information" we provide to join these forums.

I can see that some might not own or like LEE products and don't want to be identified in that context. If that is the case then it is understandable to ask that their profile be removed from the LL site. I'm sure that wish would be very easily accommodated by the administrator without much adieu or fanfare.......a lot less painful than a root canal. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA