Lee-Loader Forum

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lee-Loader Forum

Post by Ranch Dog »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:I can't say anything.... I have been MIA for the last few weeks due to work. Between my full time and part time jobs I don't even have time to reload much less shoot. I have to make hay when the sun shines..... :lol:
I understand that!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Don't worry..........we'll never abandon this gem of a forum. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:On July 1, I will be turning on another forum I've been working on, the Lee Loader (http://www.lee-loader.com). It will be a forum that is focusing on reloading with the Lee Precision product line. On Sunday evening, I will transfer this forum's user data over to the new forum, you will receive an email with the info. If you want to participate, just follow the instructions in the email. If you don't want to participate, you don't need to do a thing and your username will be pruned the following year.

The user data transfer only includes your username, password (hopefully), and email address. I say "hopefully" concerning the password as I really don't have anyway to test the script until I execute it. If it has issues reading the password encryption, a temporary password will be issued and included in the email. If this is the case, you can login with the temporary password and change it.

When you log in for the first time you will be taken to your User Control Panel to complete two required user field. This is just a check to see if a human is actually responding to the email.

I haven't written a database in a while but:
The login data is contained in tables like the regular forum data except that the tables are encrypted.
I'm not familiar with the specific data management software this forum is platformed on but in Microsoft ACCESS, SQL Server, Sun Microsystems Oracle and other DMS platforms the information can be migrated to a new "shell" by someone with administrator rights running SQL commands.
I always keep backup copies when I'm doing something radical or risque so if I screw up I always have a recourse and no information is lost.
The companies I worked for don't like it when you lose their information........it's not the way to get invited back to do another gig for them. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

Looking forward to the new Lee Loader forum.

It is a bit slow here, but I figure that's because it's summertime. I know I'm spending more time out of the house than I was six months ago. Still I try to check in here a couple of times a day.

If RD doesn't mind, I might just do a little advertising on the Lee Loader forum around on the net. It can't get much deader than the reloading forum that I've been a member of for over a dozen years.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
Deleted User 547

Post by Deleted User 547 »

I'll be there. Love my loaders. It has been a bit quiet but I've been busy honing my dove killin skills. Can't wait for September. Yeah yeah I'm a bit early but I want as many bacon wrapped doves as possible!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

prsman23 wrote:I'll be there. Love my loaders. It has been a bit quiet but I've been busy honing my dove killin skills. Can't wait for September. Yeah yeah I'm a bit early but I want as many bacon wrapped doves as possible!
:lol: bacon wrapped doves :lol: Love it
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Deleted User 547

Oh man. Soak them in butter. Wrap them in bacon. I'm starting to drool.
I might need a new belt after all the dove, butter and bacon!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

EVERYTHING is better wrapped in bacon!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I have ate alot of things but never bacon wrapped dove. I have had dove and think it would be a good mix though.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Deleted User 547

If it gets us slightly back on topic I load some of my shells on an old 12 ga lee loader! I've got them in 12, 20, 28, 410.

:-)

And yes. Everything is better wrapped in bacon!!!