GUN RIGHTS HANGING BY A THREAD!

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

GUN RIGHTS HANGING BY A THREAD!

Post by Ranch Dog »

I received this via email from Alan Korwin, the author of the "Page Nine" report. Checked it out myself, it is legit, so I made the call. Takes only seconds.[hr][/hr]

The Nevada legislature recently passed legislation, SB 221, that would require private firearms transactions to be recorded by a federal firearms licensee (FFL) and sent to the FBI.

If Nevada's Governor signs this bill, it will be a signal to the anti-rights bigots that they can accomplish the same thing in your state.

SB 221 is now waiting for a decision by Nevada’s Republican Governor, Brian Sandoval.

He is opting to see which way the political winds are blowing before making a decision.

He has set up a hotline for people to call in and express their opinion
by simply pressing a button on their telephone.

All you need to do is call 1-775-684-5670 and press “2”
to tell Governor Sandoval that you want him to veto SB 221.

You don’t have to live in Nevada.
You don't have to leave your name or address.

The entire process is automated and takes about 15 seconds.
And, you can call as many times as you want! Do it.

New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg has invested his significant wealth in the passage of SB 221 and is generating calls into the Governor’s hotline right now, encouraging Governor Sandoval to sign the universal registration bill.

If it can happen in Nevada, it can happen in your state.

Call 1-775-684-5670 right away and press “2” to tell Governor Sandoval to veto SB 221.

I got this alert from The Arizona Citizens Defense League http://www.azcdl.org, an all volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization in my state.

They got it from Gun Owners of America http://gunowners.org/alert06072013b.htm.

I read the bill myself to make sure this was for real. It is.
https://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/77t ... 221_EN.pdf

The 28-page bill has other material attached, but the universal gun registration part is all bad. It is not even clear if a state can force federal gun dealers to register private gun transfers, accept liability for guns they don't sell, guns which may have been stolen or are defective, and it will block all guns sales when the feds close the NICS background check center, which they do from time to time. Then you can't buy a new gun or a used gun from a friend -- especially in an emergency.

Make the call. You know Bloomberg has his minions calling right now.

Call 1-775-684-5670 right away and press “2” to tell Governor Sandoval to veto SB 221.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: GUN RIGHTS HANGING BY A THREAD!

Post by pricedo »

I don't think the feds have the authority to retain information relating guns and gun owners except for NFA-3 firearms regardless of who or what sends it to them.
They can only retain information from NICS checks for 48 hours.
In point of fact I think there are federal laws on the books expressly prohibiting permanent retention of registration information.
The NRA will file a lawsuit if this passes in Nevada and it will be defeated.
This is Bloomberg and the plethora of politicians tied to his purse strings (like Obama himself & NYS Governor Cuomo) trying to get the thin edge of the wedge in for universal gun registration.
This is no surprise to anyone.
We all knew Obama & his allies were going to draw the line in the sand in an all out war to castrate 2A in his second term.
Americans, especially Nevada residents, should be WRITING & PHONING the governor.
The politicians policy analysts assign a much greater statistical weight to a written letter or a phone call than mass generated electronic communication.
Ask yourself......"Are my guns and the freedom to use them worth 5 minutes of my time and a postage stamp?"
The biggest danger by far to 2A is Obama successfully appointing more anti-gun Justices to SCOTUS and turning the balance of the court.
Get busy and start writing letters (especially Nevada residents) and support the NRA and the several other pro-2A advocacy organizations.
Tell the Nevada politicians that THEIR jobs are on the line and it will be to their political peril to attempt to gut the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution.
American gun owners are in the trenches of an ideological war whether they want to be or not.
I remember one young chap at the club saying, "I don't involve myself in politics."
I replied, "If you are a gun owner you are involved in politics by definition."
Get your pens and papers and checkbooks out and hammer those politicians and support your 2A rights organizations.................IT'S SHOW TIME !!
Anybody who thinks there is no sense of urgency here needs to pull their heads out of the sand.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

pricedo wrote: Anybody who thinks there is no sense of urgency here needs to pull their heads out of the sand.
This part is 100% true!
And those hunters that do not think your guns will be next NEED TO WAKE UP!

Living in Commiefornia, I know I have to be on high aleart to gun laws, Ca has some real crap coming down the pipes(as if it wasn't bad here already), I have always said the anti 2nd ammendment laws that get passed in CA will trickle in to other"free" states, I for one will not end my fight here in CA, even if(more likely when I leave this state) will not give up the fight!
I flood the senators and othe gov't types with my thoughts on shooting and keeping it here, on almost a daily(certianly weekly) basis. They may ignore or be tired of it, but it is my duty as an American to tell those in the gov't that I am not happy with the laws they want to put on me and my family!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Fullthrottle wrote:
pricedo wrote: Anybody who thinks there is no sense of urgency here needs to pull their heads out of the sand.
This part is 100% true!
And those hunters that do not think your guns will be next NEED TO WAKE UP!

Living in Commiefornia, I know I have to be on high aleart to gun laws, Ca has some real crap coming down the pipes(as if it wasn't bad here already), I have always said the anti 2nd ammendment laws that get passed in CA will trickle in to other"free" states, I for one will not end my fight here in CA, even if(more likely when I leave this state) will not give up the fight!
I flood the senators and othe gov't types with my thoughts on shooting and keeping it here, on almost a daily(certianly weekly) basis. They may ignore or be tired of it, but it is my duty as an American to tell those in the gov't that I am not happy with the laws they want to put on me and my family!
Don't forget the US Senators.
Keep the heat on them with letters and calls.
They'll be the ones affirming (or NOT) Obamas next anti-gun appointment to SCOTUS.
If Obama polarizes SCOTUS in the anti-gun direction it will become a rubber-stamp committee for anything Bloombergs troupe (LEGION might be a better word) of bought & paid for bureaucrats & politicians can throw at us.
We cannot allow Obama to corrupt SCOTUS.

SCOTUS: Supreme Court of the United States
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

You know guys, I've said it for years now, take the power from the Feds and you will get it worse from what is left. In this case the local and state governments. Federal gun laws have never been a problem however states seem to think they can go around the 2nd Amendment as if this question wasn't solved with the Civil War. Oh and the Federal Government has a law against keeping a database on gun owners other than fully automatic weapons. Crap like this is why no one can buy anything now as the panic buying has set it and this stuff makes it worse.
Joe
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

SB 221 is a constitutional red herring.
The Nevada legislation as described by RD in the OP is a study in typical liberal naivety.
The FBI as a federal agency is forbidden by law from storing this information in a data retrieval system or anywhere for that matter.
The whole inane concept is a non-starter........quite laughable actually.
Shows you how dumb the liberals/antis are about anything regarding the real world.
Nevada could like some other states start a gun registry for their its own citizens like DC & NY (handguns only)......NYC even registers long guns.
I don't know how that would effect the Governors chances of re-election at the polls.
Nevada was full of freedom loving people last time I visited.
If I was the Nevada Governor I'd veto the bill and distance myself from it like it was a coiled cobra........it's political poison.

I personally like to see the antis wasting their time and resources following dead end streets.

On the other hand you don't dismiss heavy hitters like Michael Bloomberg out of hand.........money talks.
The threat is very real.
We must stay on guard and continue to badger the politicians and continue to support the NRA, GOA and other salt of the Earth 2A advocacy organizations who have been doing a heck of a fine job beating back the tyrants.
The organizations can't continue to fight on our behalf without our support both financially and by personal activism and involvement.
You ask, "When will the fight stop?"
Answer: NEVER !
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:I personally like to see the antis wasting their time and resources following dead end streets.
Especially when it is as easy as a phone call and First Class Stamp.
Michael
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

I try not to watch the news but have yet to find a way to block out what is going on in this country every day. I don’t want to offend anyone with the next statement but it is my firm belief. The days of peaceful protest are fast coming to a close. Sometime in the very near future the American people will have to take back their country. I see an all out revolution coming. I have NO faith in either party. Corruption is rampant from local Govt all the way to the White House. Listening to the paid liar Carney in his daily White House briefings is like watching Texas weather, don’t like it, wait a day or two and it will change.

I have the DVD series from 1972 “The World at War”. I watch the whole series about twice a year. What happen in Germany in the late 20’s and the 30’s can be seen today.

If Hell has a picture window Joseph Goebbels has to be green with envy at what he is watching.
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

With each major broadcasts of mass shootings it is only fueling this stuff! We all have to do our part or America as it was founded and the american rights we love will be gone. I am always making calls and e-mailing but still little success on hearing back through mail or e-mail.
If none fight now then we all cry in the end. We must stand united or we all loose our rights in the end and I am saddened at this.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote:With each major broadcasts of mass shootings it is only fueling this stuff! We all have to do our part or America as it was founded and the american rights we love will be gone. I am always making calls and e-mailing but still little success on hearing back through mail or e-mail.
If none fight now then we all cry in the end. We must stand united or we all loose our rights in the end and I am saddened at this.
Are you doing any mass shootings?
I know I'm not and I'm pretty sure none of the members of this board are either.
So why the heck are Obama and the antis coming after us?
But since they are I'm going to dig in for the long haul like a tick on a hounds back and fight.

Sorry Barack & Dianne.......I refuse to take the RAP for criminals & crazies.

Emailing is of almost no value........most of it is deleted by automated software filters before it even gets to the politicians email INBOX..........what isn't deleted by anti-spam software is deleted by the politicians go-fors & assistants before the politician even sees it.
The politicians diviners, sages, tea leave readers formally called policy analysts put infinitely more value in tangible communication like letters and phone calls when advising their masters on how to vote on issues.
Emailing or clicking a hyperlink on the internet is NOT NEARLY ENOUGH participation to beat back the tyrants and save our 2A rights and guns.
What I don't like about the internet petitions is that they lull gun owners into thinking they have done enough for the cause and the phone, checkbook and letter pad (the real political weapons) stay on the shelf.
We EACH need to do a lot more than that........the previous mention of the letter pad, phone and checkbook WAS a hint.
Write and phone those politicians and support the NRA, GOA and other fine & honorable organizations who have been keeping BATFEs tentacles out of our gun safes for years.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA