Ballistics Coefficient Ratings

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Model 52
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Ballistics Coefficient Ratings

Post by Model 52 »

I hear you on recoil with a lighter weight Model 92. I like to stay at 250 gr and 1300 fps just for that reason. I can shoot that load all afternoon and not feel like my shoulder got beat.
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Ballistics Coefficient Ratings

Post by Rooster59 »

Agreed. Unfortunately, some of my problem was from shooting the 45-70 first. I forgot the riser I usually use to place my shooting bag on so I was hunkered down with the butt too high on my shoulder and leaning into the recoil. I brought a slip on pad for the 45-70 but remembered it only after it had already "cracked the egg". After that the pad was of little use. Must have been too long since my last trip to the range if I couldn't remember all the stuff I needed to pack. :cry:

And of course, "I don't need to bring the Lead Sled for these soft shooting old calibers........." went through my mind when loading up.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver