pricedo broke down in Toronto

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

pricedo broke down in Toronto

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:Had an incidence of burst appendix just west of Toronto and am now sitting in the hospital getting it fixed.
Happened on May 30 and they're still administering antibiotics to quell the infection.
Within half an hour of the EMERG triage doctor interviewing me I was under the knife.
Dual US/CDN citizenship and that big green Canadian "Big Brother loves you and will take care of you from cradle to grave" card really came in handy.
Cost $0.00 (ZERO DOLLARS).
The doc and I got talking about the 2 systems and his comment was the US spent their money on unwinnable wars, missiles and space rockets and Canada spent theirs on universal medical care.
Wasn't about to argue with a man who just saved my life.
Yeah, I wouldn't argue either. Was actually wondering where you were. Strange of you to miss a day. Was going to give you till the morning and check on you. Keep us posted, don't you have a new rifle that needs shooting?
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: pricedo broke down in Toronto

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
pricedo wrote:Had an incidence of burst appendix just west of Toronto and am now sitting in the hospital getting it fixed.
Happened on May 30 and they're still administering antibiotics to quell the infection.
Within half an hour of the EMERG triage doctor interviewing me I was under the knife.
Dual US/CDN citizenship and that big green Canadian "Big Brother loves you and will take care of you from cradle to grave" card really came in handy.
Cost $0.00 (ZERO DOLLARS).
The doc and I got talking about the 2 systems and his comment was the US spent their money on unwinnable wars, missiles and space rockets and Canada spent theirs on universal medical care.
Wasn't about to argue with a man who just saved my life.
Yeah, I wouldn't argue either. Was actually wondering where you were. Strange of you to miss a day. Was going to give you till the morning and check on you. Keep us posted, don't you have a new rifle that needs shooting?
Yup, that 94 TE 450 Marlin hasn't been evaluated yet.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Deleted User 547

Post by Deleted User 547 »

Dang. Glad to see that you are back up and running!
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

Glad to hear things turned out OK pricedo. A day without pricedo........ :)
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Thanks guys I really appreciate it.
Rossi Rifleman is more like a family than a forum.
The courtesy and consideration shown each and every day among our members should set an example for all forums.
Love this place. :D :D

**And as far as the political systems of Canada & the Untied States are concerned they each have their strong and weak points.
Hope nobody took my original post as a knock against the United States........it wasn't.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Steelbanger »

Good morning pricedo,

I'm sorry to hear of your health issue. Best wishes to you for a rapid, complete recovery.
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Steelbanger wrote:Good morning pricedo,

I'm sorry to hear of your health issue. Best wishes to you for a rapid, complete recovery.
Thanks guys.

The infection from the burst appendix isn't giving up easy.
I'm still in hospital and have soaked up a whole bunch of antibiotics and the white cell count is still a bit high.
My feet and legs look like the Goodyear limp from all the fluids from the IVs.
Looking at another 2 or 3 days at least.
One feature completely lacking in Canadian hospitals........the "PAY HOSPITAL BILLS HERE" counter.

I thought it was cramps and tried to "tough it out"..........bad mistake.........all the time you delay gives the pathogens & toxins from the burst appendix opportunity to invade and defeat your system.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

glad to hear you are doing well
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Good to see you back. I'm sure glad I'm finally on Medicare though in spite of what they say it isn't free. Costs $101 per month every month though it was $99 last year. Also need a supplemental which picks up what Medicare doesn't cover which runs me about $1500 per year. Either way at least I now have insurance for the first time in 40 years as I've always been uninsurable. Wished we had Medicare for all though as it is worth it when one needs it.
Joe
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

joec wrote:Good to see you back. I'm sure glad I'm finally on Medicare though in spite of what they say it isn't free. Costs $101 per month every month though it was $99 last year. Also need a supplemental which picks up what Medicare doesn't cover which runs me about $1500 per year. Either way at least I now have insurance for the first time in 40 years as I've always been uninsurable. Wished we had Medicare for all though as it is worth it when one needs it.
As a country and society containing real aging people it depends on what you want outta life I guess.......you can only spend a buck once........once it's gone.....it's gone.
Would you rather have your aches and illnesses cured, broken bones mended and your wounds bound or a footprint on the moon?
At 60+ years old I know what my choice would be. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA