Cleaning fired Brass

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Cleaning fired Brass

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

I have cleaned my fired Brass using walnut hulls and a standard vibrating cleaner for many years now. Seriously thinking about making the jump to a wet tumbler using stainless steel pins. Anyone have any experence using this type of set up?
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Cleaning fired Brass

Post by akuser47 »

I have a friend that has cnc machines and all kinds of super fancy stuff he make with his machines and whenever we are having a beer at his shop I thrown loads of my range brass into a huge tumble type parts washer he uses foor somthing last time I used it he some type of ceramic beads and he added asolution that would clean the brass not eat it and wow. but I had 1000 brass case give or take his machine could hold at least 5 X that. Wish I was a legacy into owning his fathers machineing shop. He already has patents on some of his designs that are earning him large royalties monthly. Anways back to your post it is freaken awesome if you use the correct machine and solution and material! my brass looked unfire afterwards.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Nodnarb

Post by Nodnarb »

Akuser, your buddy should CNC a scout rail for the Rio Grande!! :)
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I know he has a program on one of computers were I have been playing with the measurements for a solid scout mount for my 92 and for my dad's marlin and a model 70 I am working on for a friend it will be a 18"scout model acrgalssed into a hs precision stock and the finely tuned jewel trigger, williams bottom metal. With a scope yet to be choosen for his project. I know I am always trying to get him to do things but he has some big contracts and will not let me play with his big toys. You would be shocked by how easy it is to input the numbers for his cnc and it makes some really cools stuff he will not let me play wit it anymore :cry: I broke a very costly bit in some stainless I was playing with he was not happy. :oops: I didn't move a decimal in my measurmennts and when the bit tried to bit to much tuff stainless stock. :cry: He isn't madd he just does not let me play unsupervised now. I see him rarly or I would try to get him on bored but if you guys think of a niche maket that would benefit the T.E. for somthing we should actaully start a thread on it to see what we could think of and I could make a propasal to him and his investers.
Nodnarb

Post by Nodnarb »

Start the thread and lets get this thing going!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I will check in with him, But doubtfull. I will try because I would love to see if he will alow us to custom make a scout and standard/or custom scope mount. I have left a voice mail already to get it rollling. Give me some time to see. I would love to do this! +guns
Nodnarb

Post by Nodnarb »

akuser47 wrote:I will check in with him, But doubtfull. I will try because I would love to see if he will alow us to custom make a scout and standard/or custom scope mount. I have left a voice mail already to get it rollling. Give me some time to see. I would love to do this! +guns
AWESOME.

sorry for the thread hijack!!
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

I was shooting for having the longest running thread pinned to the top of index so Hijack away.... :lol:

pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:I have cleaned my fired Brass using walnut hulls and a standard vibrating cleaner for many years now. Seriously thinking about making the jump to a wet tumbler using stainless steel pins. Anyone have any experence using this type of set up?
These dry media tumblers & vibrators if the media is used to the point of supersaturation in enclosed areas with poor ventilation are notorious sources of dust contaminated with various poisonous lead compounds.
Lead is a cumulative poison like arsenic and our bodies have a hard time purging it from our systems.
Don't let your cleaning media get too dirty.
Use dust mask and gloves when handling dirty media. :!:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

I don't keep it that long. But the mask and gloves makes sense.