Called rossi yesterday

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Gabby

Called rossi yesterday

Post by Gabby »

I just purchased a new 44 mag. R-92 blued with a 24 inch octagon barrel. I was trying to hold out for a case colored 1 or a Brass plated 45 LC, but after a month and none available I got the blued one. I had checked this one out first hand and it was great. I got to thinking I could really sprurce this one up if I could get a brass butt plate and a brass foretip. I was told these items could only be purchased along with the stocks and the gun would have to be sent back for the exchange. Don't want to go there. I thought I read here on this forum that someone had delt with one of their more knowledgeable gunsmiths who would cut through the BS and assist with parts sales, Does anyone remember the post or have this guy's number and EXT. I believe his name was Nick and his last name was deleted by the moderator. By the way the stock and handling fees where over $300.00. I don't need new stocks only the parts mentioned, my guess under a hundred bucks. It sure would look cool that way, wouldn't shoot any better though. Help if you can.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Called rossi yesterday

Post by Ranch Dog »

Gabby wrote: I thought I read here on this forum that someone had delt with one of their more knowledgeable gunsmiths who would cut through the BS and assist with parts sales, Does anyone remember the post or have this guy's number and EXT. I believe his name was Nick and his last name was deleted by the moderator. By the way the stock and handling fees where over $300.00. I don't need new stocks only the parts mentioned, my guess under a hundred bucks. It sure would look cool that way, wouldn't shoot any better though. Help if you can.
I remember the post and it would still be here somewhere, you will just need to dig for it.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ranch Dog wrote:I remember the post and it would still be here somewhere, you will just need to dig for it.
I found the post in the first search I tried. I clicked on the "92" forum and using the search box inside the forum, the box right next to the "New Topic" button, and entered "customer service". It was the first post on the second page.

Re: another new memeber here with a NIB .357 by Lostcoast
Michael
Deleted User 327

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Deleted
Last edited by Deleted User 327 on 01 May 2014 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

My 2 Cents,,,,,,,,,,I like the steel, I went through the same thing with a shooter back in the 80s, it came with brass, I wanted steel.
Its a 50 cal ball shooter, kicks good so I made a recoil pad out of rawhide, looks and works cool.
I have a 1911 version of 1894 Winchester with Octagon bbl, saddle ring and all, it was the $12 version, the straight round with no ring was $9,,,in 1912.
It come with all steel furniture.
Grandpa, (Big dumb Sweede)(like me) was on his way home,,in the wagon, saw a bear up on the hill, turned around, went back to Evanston, they were out of the plain $9 unit so he got the fancy one,,($12) and a box of ammo,,,Shot all 20 into that bear and sent my uncle up the hill to see if the bear was dead.
Bear turned out to be a tree,,,full of holes......

Now its in my safe, rusted bore, repaired magazine tube and a new firing pin,,,that was hard to find, they are not the same in the latter years.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.