92 back to Rossi

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
tnjsin

92 back to Rossi

Post by tnjsin »

I bought a 92 357 16" a few months back. It would not cycle 357's reliably. 38's worked fine. The loading gate would also pop outside the receiver creating a heck of a jam. Im sure I could of repaired these problems, but I figured I would send it in before I started working on it and modifying it with Steve's dvd. I had my wife call customer service and set everything up (because Im lazy like that). Rossi also expects you to pay 41.00 dollars shipping to get it to them unless you raise a lil Cain with them about why you shouldn't have to spend more money on a gun that should work right in the first place, then they will give you a pre-paid shipping label. All in all I love the gun and may buy another in 20' or maybe a 20" in 44. So now I will just have to patiently wait and see how it all goes.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 92 back to Rossi

Post by Ranch Dog »

Keep it posted when it returns.

...typos courtesy of Tapatalk!
Michael
Deleted User 547

Post by Deleted User 547 »

Wow. Best of luck. Like rd said keep us posted.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

yes please keep us posted so we can start to get the trend of time frames involved with the returns annd warranty repaires.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
tnjsin

Post by tnjsin »

Will do guys! With the current buying frenzy, hopefully the wait wont be to long. But at least I got a "few" other guns to keep me company until it gets back! :D
captzeno

Post by captzeno »

New to the forum, Hello! I recently bought a new 92 in 357/38 and on the first outing experienced the popped loading gate and double feed problem that you speak of. I took the rifle back to the gunshop owner and he put 5 dummy .38 specials in it. It popped the loading gate and double fed. He has a lot of background with these rifles and does action jobs on them and so he told me that he would look into it himself before sending the gun to Rossi. He called me yesterday and said come pick it up. This is what he found.....The screw that holds the loading gate spring in place was loose from the factory. He said that he got another quarter turn out of it and that he fed dummy and live .38s as well as .357s thru it without a hitch. The slack was setting up an improper symmetry and spring length causing the gate pop and the jam. This screw is the one farthest aft on the right side of the receiver.
captzeno

Post by captzeno »

If I may also reply, This rifle is a tack driver!! +guns
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

The initial strip, clean, deburr, polish, lube regimen catches & fixes 99% of that kind of stuff & doesn't require performing a taxidermy (commonly known as STUFFING) operation :mrgreen: on a gun smiths wallet.
They are tack drivers when you get them running right.......I know my 3 x 92s are very accurate & as I said before I'm only an "average" shot (a gun forum rarity :lol: ).
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
captzeno

Post by captzeno »

Got my eye on a 44 mag as we speak that I might have to "pull the trigger" on.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

captzeno wrote:Got my eye on a 44 mag as we speak that I might have to "pull the trigger" on.
I suggest that you do a pre-purchase test and inspection if possible &/or buy from a FFL that accepts defective returns for full refund like Davidsons apparently does.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA