Official R92 Picture Thread

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Official R92 Picture Thread

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:Nice! What is not to like about these little carbines!
+1
If you're not a hog......not much. :mrgreen:

TWO "NAY" VOTES
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very true.
Michael
twobitokie
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by twobitokie »

look real close and you will that one of mine is NOT a mod 92. it is an Rio Grande.

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

twobitokie wrote:look real close and you will that one of mine is NOT a mod 92. it is an Rio Grande.
Sure enough, second from the top with the big loop lever and recoil pad.
Michael
dagger dog

Post by dagger dog »

Look what I found under the Rossi Red stain,
IMG_1939.JPG
hand sanded, applied a dark walnut stain, then 6 coats TruOil with 0000 buff between coats , and a few paste wax applications for the finish.

A word of caution, for those like me (all thumbs) sanding has to be done lightly, there is not a lot of wood you can remove, so take it easy or the factory fit which on my rifle was better than average will suffer.

I was surprised to find the tiger stripe grain that didn't show with the factory "Rossi Red", the forearm wasn't as figured as the stock but I think it came out decent.
IMG_1940.JPG
What say the forum ?

Sorry for the glare, I tried shooting different angles without flash but these were the best out of the bunch.

Any ideas about shooting or set up to get better images with my digital would be greatly appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

dagger dog wrote:What say the forum ?
I say very good! It is in the header image rotation!
dagger dog wrote:Sorry for the glare, I tried shooting different angles without flash but these were the best out of the bunch.

Any ideas about shooting or set up to get better images with my digital would be greatly appreciated
i'm in the same boat as firearms pictures are actually hard to take. It seems that ambient lighting is best and the less detail in the fore and background, the better. It does seem that a backdrop of weathered wood are the most impressive. I'm using the near thirty images in the header as a reference.
Michael
wll

Almost done with my '92 ;- )

Post by wll »

I'm re staining the stock, almost done and have cleaned up the working part (although this gun was pretty darn good as compared to others I have read about).

I installed sling swivels and took off the safety and replaced it with Steve's. The next thing is to red Lock Tite the safety lock in back of the hammer.. I just played with it and it is just held in place by friction, If that backed out when you were in a life or death situation, you would surely be dead. If it backed out during a hunt, you would not be able to fire. This, IMHO is a very poor lock feature and could be very dangerous should it back out !

This little gun is coming together nicely, now all it needs is a good soft case.

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice! Another R92 for the header!
Michael
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

Holy smokes Daggerdog, that is some beautiful wood you have on that rifle! I am impressed!
vedearduff

Post by vedearduff »

I can't believe it's taken so long for me to post a photo of my M92 in this thread. I've posted this shot here before, I need to take a few more photos of it soon. I plan on refinishing the stock, my first (and only, I hope) attempt will be with True Oil.

Mine is a 24 inch rifle in .45 Colt, here is the photo.
Vernon in Indiana

Hirams Rangers
NRA
NMLRA
NCOWS