Rio Grande Magazine Follower question

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rio Grande Magazine Follower question

Post by Ranch Dog »

The link in the previous post was for ebay Canada. I could not purchase it from that site. I found them on ebay.com and was able to purchase one from this outfit in MN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1241wt_729
Michael
larderman

Post by larderman »

Ranch Dog wrote:The link in the previous post was for ebay Canada. I could not purchase it from that site. I found them on ebay.com and was able to purchase one from this outfit in MN.

thats the same dude I got mine from you will notice its longer than the yellow plastic one but I find its much better as well.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

larderman wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:The link in the previous post was for ebay Canada. I could not purchase it from that site. I found them on ebay.com and was able to purchase one from this outfit in MN.

thats the same dude I got mine from you will notice its longer than the yellow plastic one but I find its much better as well.
Now I first bought one for the Marlin 45-70 and noticed two differences. First the Rossi magazine spring is a larger diameter and the section the spring fits into is shorter. Once I had the one I had made I got the marlin one turned to match. So now I have 2 stainless steel and a couple companies that might very well make them if there is any demand. Beartooth and the Smithshop are the makers.
Joe
stuberr

Post by stuberr »

Joec:

Did this one function?

http://beartoothmercantile-2.myshopify. ... -steel-357

Thanks in advance,

Rich
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

stuberr wrote:Joec:

Did this one function?

http://beartoothmercantile-2.myshopify. ... -steel-357

Thanks in advance,

Rich
No it didn't. I had the Smitshop make one from scratch for me. Now the one from beartooth can be made to work requiring someone with a lathe. You need to open up the spring openning to accept the wider spring in the Rossi and perhaps that is all. However the back is longer and could be cut down if it didn't all all rounds to load. I will soon know as soon as I have time to take it to a local machine shop and find out.
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Communicated with Mr. English at The Smith Shop. In the morning mail, will be both of my Rio Grande "yellow" Magazine Followers, 30-30 Win and 45-70, for him to measure and make available. If you would like to see them offered through his business, let him know. Contact him through the link on his web site.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:Communicated with Mr. English at The Smith Shop. In the morning mail, will be both of my Rio Grande "yellow" Magazine Followers, 30-30 Win and 45-70, for him to measure and make available. If you would like to see them offered through his business, let him know. Contact him through the link on his web site.
I have one of Steve's Gunz 44/45 caliber SS magazine followers designed for the Rossi 92 in my Rio Grande in 30-30 Win.
It has done the job flawlessly without even a single jam for 100's of rounds fired downrange and plenty of these fired rounds were the LeveRevolution 160 grain FTX "Gummy Bear" ammo which is notorious for jamming up in the tube magazines on some leverguns in 30-30 caliber.......most notably the model 94 Winchester.
I think there is a whole thread on this forum on the topic of the Steve's Gunz Rossi 92 44/45 caliber follower working in the 30-30 Rio Grande.
I never look the "working flawlessly" gift horse in the mouth. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:I never look the "working flawlessly" gift horse in the mouth. :mrgreen:
Granted, without a doubt. I think this fellow is producing the Rossi followers offered through several sources. His prices and shipping are cheaper plus it would be nice to have a known fit vs. "this will work". Competition is always good for the consumer if others are being offered.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
pricedo wrote:I never look the "working flawlessly" gift horse in the mouth. :mrgreen:
Granted, without a doubt. I think this fellow is producing the Rossi followers offered through several sources. His prices and shipping are cheaper plus it would be nice to have a known fit vs. "this will work". Competition is always good for the consumer if others are being offered.
Absolutely !
Now that we're on the subject of sourcing.........it would be nice if there were a few more established sources for replacement iron sights for the Rossi 92s.
Some of Steve's Gunz sights while functional (do the job) look like a cuckoo chick in a wren's nest when installed.
We need to source some dedicated Rossi replacement iron sights.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:Some of Steve's Gunz sights while functional (do the job) look like a cuckoo chick in a wren's nest when installed. We need to source some dedicated Rossi replacement iron sights.
You are right about that. For my 92 357 Mag, I've purchased the Skinner Peep in that is is made for the Rossi dovetail. Figured I would give it a try.
Michael