RG Bolt Disassembly

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
Ray384
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: RG Bolt Disassembly

Post by Ray384 »

Both the Allen screw and pin were removed. RD you gave me more food for thought. All the shooting I did was from a rest. Next time I will just try to make sure that I am pulling the trigger quicker and pulling it through. Sometimes when you try hard to control the trigger you experience some friction in the lock work.
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Does the firing pin move at all? Did the front pin come out all the way or only part of it. What did you use to drive it out with and did it break off in the bolt. There has to be an obstruction holding it in place somewhere. There is not much to the bolt assembly for this rifle.
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

+corn awaiting more info somthing isn't right we need to see it or at least define it. please post back with pics or any other info no mater how insugnificant it may seem?
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ray384
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Ray384 »

Ok, attacking the devil bolt one more time. Removed pin and Allen screw. Small portion of firing pin came out. Long part stuck. Using a former 1/16 punch through the lever slot I managed to get the pin further back, however not out. Got the end into the opening where the lever pushes against firing pin. The little flat spring fell out. But firing pin will not move. Pushed firing pin back into bolt without spring. Firing pin moves better without the spring drag.

Popped a couple of primers, they popped. I will try at range. Without the spring, back end of pin will still tilt when held upright. I had an old 1894 Marlin that worked that way made in the early 1900's. Not quite the same as a one piece pin but close.
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

It has to be one of several things. The firing pin is bent. The center shaft in the bolt is out of line or one thing I noticed with mine when they machined the slot for the lever to engage in the bolt there was metal left left hanging inside. Your call but I would take that firing pin out one way or another and find out why it does not just drop out like it should. Thank you for keeping us informed what you found.

Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Almost forgot. I polished the back side of the spring as well in mine. As I think about it there is not much other than the inside of the barrel I have not polished.... :lol: Will do that with lead over time.