rossi 92 parts

This forum is for members to relate their experience with the RossiUSA restricted parts policy. Posts must be reasonable and civil. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
rich9347

rossi 92 parts

Post by rich9347 »

Hi gentlemen. I just wanted to check and see if anyone can steer me in the right direction for an extractor, trigger spring and screw for a rossi 92 44mag. Rossi said they cannot send any of those items to a customer. Only send gun in to have them installed. Thanks, Rich
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: rossi 92 parts

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good question. May be someone would have some ideas.

Can I ask what happened to your extractor? Just curious.
Michael
rich9347

Post by rich9347 »

Well, the extractor catches very little of the cartridge rim and just thought I should another one in case it breaks. I'm kind of like having it and not needing it rather than needing it and not having it, if you know what I mean. It is probably ok, but I really don't know.
rich9347

Post by rich9347 »

Also, when I called Rossi, they refused to sell me any parts that pertain to the bolt, trigger , and basically the parts that are mechanical, for this 44mag rifle.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

rich9347 wrote:Also, when I called Rossi, they refused to sell me any parts that pertain to the bolt, trigger , and basically the parts that are mechanical, for this 44mag rifle.
This is a huge sore spot for Rossi owners (at least for me) and one they need to correct especially in light of the fact that you have to be a fairly good lever mechanic to work through many of the post purchase issues.
Michael
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

You might check here and call him about an extractor http://store.stevesgunz.com/index.php?m ... jimlj8ev55 he has them as he sent me one about 2 years ago for my 45 Colt. He also has some springs or them you can get from Brownells if you look up Gunslinger springs for Rossi M92.
Joe
rich9347

Post by rich9347 »

Thanks. I thought about Steve's Gunz but thought I would check else where first. I have called him a few times in the past about things and I will get hold of him. I appreciate your help. I don't understand Rossi, I ordered a forearm and barrel band for my 357 had no problems. Had to return forearm as it wasn't any better than what I had. I did some work on the original and refinished all the wood and have no problems so far. Thanks again, Rich
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I'll bet there are a few spare 92 bolts without the "pigtail" lawyer safety still kicking around the Rossi warehouse.
I'm sure these would sell for a premium price as replacement parts to some of the purist Braztech R92 owners.
I used to be a purist but I'm ambivalent edging toward positive in regards to the safety now.
That being said I'm not about to rush down to my gunsmith to have pigtail safeties installed on my "orthodox" M92s........that would definitely hurt the resale value of the guns cause the "sans safety" 92s are scarce.
Was offered $750 (a maybe $800) for my M92/454 that has been recently finished with Tru-Oil & has a really attractive leather butt stock cover with ammo loops.......NO SALE ! :mrgreen:
The finger leaver loop is braided with soft leather strips on the outside palm side as an impact cushion cause the 92/454 will RAP your knuckles soundly with stout loads.
I phoned Rossi back when they were Amadeo Rossi & asked about a coupla replacement parts & could tell right from the second word after the "Hello" on the other end of the line that the conversation was a non-starter.
Wound up fixing the old parts.......my welder friend had to join & braze in a coupla places but we got it done.......without him I'd have been up _ _ _ _ creek without a paddle.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

pricedo wrote: Wound up fixing the old parts.......my welder friend had to join & braze in a coupla places but we got it done.......without him I'd have been up _ _ _ _ creek without a paddle.
These Rossi's are a bit like owning and maintaining an old truck. Can't get certain parts for my 65 chevy unless i fix them myself and nobody even knows how to work on it anymore so I am the only one who keeps it out of the wrecking yard.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
rich9347

Post by rich9347 »

I guess the extractor is ok. Just went out an shot the 44mag 20" barrel after doing an action job. Works great and no problems with ejector. I have done action job on my 45 and 357. They all work great. The 44 kicks like a mule though. Will take care of that in the future.