new 4570 - loose trigger

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
Earldw

new 4570 - loose trigger

Post by Earldw »

Howdy, my name is Earl

Just brought home a new 45-70, found a link on the net on how to remove the bolt and gave it a good cleaning. I didn't notice one way or the other before the cleaning, but after reassembly the trigger seems to kinda move back and forth with zero tension. Still have to pull on it 3 or 4 pounds to drop the hammer, but it is as if there should be some spring in place to keep a little pressure on it.

My questions are 1) would this be normal and 2) could I have done something in pulling the bolt to cause such a problem? There were no "spare" parts left over after putting the ejector, bolt and lever back together.

Thanks for looking.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: new 4570 - loose trigger

Post by Ranch Dog »

Earldw wrote:... but after reassembly the trigger seems to kinda move back and forth with zero tension. Still have to pull on it 3 or 4 pounds to drop the hammer, but it is as if there should be some spring in place to keep a little pressure on it.
No worries Earl, that is how it is and same with the Marlins. In other words, the trigger is at rest but you can take you finger and move it forward and back, forward and back, etc. Be careful not to have the hammer back when looking at this, the Rossi has a very nice trigger and a bit too much "back" will make it go bang!
Michael
Earldw

Post by Earldw »

Much obliged!
Ydnarb

Post by Ydnarb »

So is there a fix for the loose trigger on the 45-70. The Wild West "trigger happy" kit for the Marlin 336 won't work. I contacted them and was told it is for the Marlin only. They also have no plans to make one for the Rossi. They can fix it if I send my rifle to them, so there is a fix. I too thought it was broken when I first saw it.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

There is no need to fix what isn't broke.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ydnarb wrote:So is there a fix for the loose trigger on the 45-70. The Wild West "trigger happy" kit for the Marlin 336 won't work. I contacted them and was told it is for the Marlin only. They also have no plans to make one for the Rossi. They can fix it if I send my rifle to them, so there is a fix. I too thought it was broken when I first saw it.
Too bad cause the Wild West "Happy Trigger" is a great trigger.
I've installed them in both of my Guide Guns.

Having said that the factory trigger in my Rio Grande (30-30) was great from the getgo, (far superior to the stock factory triggers that my Remlin leverguns came with) so as RD says I won't be fixing what ain't broke.
Other than being very dirty my Rio Grande was a beautifully functioning and accurate levergun NIB.
Now that it's been cleaned up it is the slickest levergun I own. I'm very pleased with it. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA