Considering a M92. Has quality improved?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
GaCop

Considering a M92. Has quality improved?

Post by GaCop »

I'm considering buying a Rossi M92 but am wondering if the quality has improved.
Vietnam vet.....June 66 to Dec 67
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Considering a M92. Has quality improved?

Post by Ranch Dog »

GaCop wrote:I'm considering buying a Rossi M92 but am wondering if the quality has improved.
From reading every post here, I would say yes. Not the variety there once was and not counting new, old stock, the new production (verified by serial numbers) is good to go.
Michael
ddj

Post by ddj »

GaCop wrote:I'm considering buying a Rossi M92 but am wondering if the quality has improved.
I just picked up a NIB 16" SS Rossi in 45 Colt yesterday. My second Rossi 92. I was really surprised to find a new 45 Colt. The metal to wood fit regarding the upper and lower tang and butt plate is actually really pretty good-better than my first one. The action is still Rossi stiff. I shot this gun today to make sure everything functions properly and it does. Tomorrow I'm going to start to completely disassemble this gun and go through it. I'm a DIY kind of person and have worked on guns for a long time. These guns are a diamond in the rough. They can be made to run greasy slick and I enjoy doing that kind of thing. These are very easy guns to work on-once you take it apart once and get it back together the first time you'll be able to do it blindfolded the next time. There's a guy on utube "My Rossi Rifle" that has some excellent videos. I will not hesitate to buy a Ross 92

This is an edit. After I got the rifle yesterday afternoon I worked the action quite a few times and again this afternoon before I went out to shoot it. I want to see the internal wear patterns. I just took it out to look at it and I'm surprised to see how it's smoothing out all by itself
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

ddj, thanks for posting. I didn't know Rossi was producing the 45 colt 16", I see a few of them on GB.
With the new Marlins being "decent" and Henry's new loading gate models, it's nice to see Rossi stepping up. I'm looking forward to so many lever guns coming
mmargotta

Post by mmargotta »

I also picked up a stainless 92, 16" .45 colt recently. Newly minted from a man who fired it only a few times and the action is like butter. He hadn't smoothed it out himself at all.
I'm convinced they are really improving!