Spring question

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
ddj

Spring question

Post by ddj »

It looks like that I'll be picking up another Rossi 92. I have on hand replacement ejector springs and I can probably shim up the leaf trigger spring. I'd rather not buy the whole spring kit supplied by some of the venders. Does anyone know the number of a lighter trigger/main spring comparable to the one supplied in the kits?
Thanks
Dave
GasGuzzler

Re: Spring question

Post by GasGuzzler »

Looking for the hammer spring? It should be the easiest to copy but I don't have the specific part number. I do know it makes less difference in the trigger than the trigger spring and doesn't change the feel of operating the lever nearly as much as the ejector spring.

My older model has two strips of flattened rim fire brass as trigger spring shims, a lighter ejector spring I found myself, and the original hammer spring - it operates very smoothly with one finger and it's never had a light strike.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

FWIW - I do the shimming and change the ejector spring too, but I also cut about 3 coils off my hammer springs with my Dremel and a cutoff disc. Doesn't affect the firing, spring is still plenty strong for that. But it REALLY makes cycling the lever much easier, the bolt doesn't have to work nearly as hard to push the hammer over.

And if you DO cut off too much, you can shim under that spring with little washers. But I haven't had to.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Found these on ebay, but there's the name, phone number and website for Century Springs right there. Perfect ejector springs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ddj

Post by ddj »

Thanks for the replies. I do have the 530 springs on hand and have used them. I probably will shim the trigger spring. I have a Lee gunslinger kit installed in my first Rossi but I got tired of fiddling around with their ejector spring. I know the dental floss trick but the shorter springs do the same thing and are much easier to deal with. Just wondering about the hammer spring. Thanks
Dave
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Like I said, I chop my hammer springs. All of them. Rossi, Marlin, Winchester - they're all stiffer than they need to be. Lever cycling is much easier afterwards.
ddj

Post by ddj »

I went to buy the gun this afternoon-I had to wait for someone who had a hold on it and didn't come up with the money- and suddenly I'm on "Delay" again. Foe several years I was on delay every time then I went for a couple of years when I went right through. I haven't bought a new gun for a couple of years but now I'm on delay again. Supposed to rain all weekend around here and half of next week. Perfect time to start this new Rossi project but nooo. %@*&$ me off. Absolutely no reason for it. I suppose they have to be very careful but it still irritates me.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

What is the "delay"?
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Ranch Dog wrote:What is the "delay"?
A not quite so "instant back ground check". I have a good friend, former Army sling wing type and until he retired a flight planner with DHL for which he had to have an assortment of clearances, but his back grounds would get delayed, never an explanation.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:What is the "delay"?
A not quite so "instant back ground check". I have a good friend, former Army sling wing type and until he retired a flight planner with DHL for which he had to have an assortment of clearances, but his back grounds would get delayed, never an explanation.
Not good.
Michael