Conceal Carry Help

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Conceal Carry Help

Post by Ranch Dog »

vvllbs wrote:While I enjoy my little 32, but should my life and most importantly others lives depend on a $250 semi auto.
I should have answered the OPs question directly. My guess would be that millions depend on guns within that value. Just make sure you can operate what you own and train. There is nothing wrong with the P32 nor the cartridge as long as you understand how to manipulate the fire to clear malfunctions without the slide lock.
rondog wrote:For vehicle carry, check out Gum Creek Holsters. It mounts under your steering column, no modifications. I have one in my Silverado.
Thanks, rondog, that is exactly what I've been looking for. I ordered two mounts and three holsters! You guys always costing me money!
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ranch Dog wrote:
rondog wrote:For vehicle carry, check out Gum Creek Holsters. It mounts under your steering column, no modifications. I have one in my Silverado.
Thanks, rondog, that is exactly what I've been looking for. I ordered two mounts and three holsters! You guys always costing me money!
Make that four holsters :shock: My wife said that she would carry her Taurus 732 if she had one and in that she isn't licensed, the pistol must be out of view. So added a concealed holster.

Through today, July 8th, they offer a 15% with code GCJULY4 and free shipping on orders that are $100 or over. That saved me $40 if you add the free shipping!
Michael
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

I was in a LGS last year I believe, or the year before, a guy came in with a kimber, said the firing pin broke.
So even a one thousand dollar pistol can have problems.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

All the pistols I choose to carry have slowly been dropped by the manufacturer. It makes me want to stick with them all the more.
Michael
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Happy to help!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Mad Trapper wrote:I was in a LGS last year I believe, or the year before, a guy came in with a kimber, said the firing pin broke.
So even a one thousand dollar pistol can have problems.
It can happen, especially if you dry fire it.
Typically won't happen with a pre-80's series pin or a non-drop safety compliant gun.
The Schwartz grip safety activated firing pin block and the Series 80 trigger activated firing pin block both wasp waste the firing pin.
Modern sintered parts if/when the process isn't done correctly can have flaws forged and/or machined parts are somewhat unlikely to have.

In general I like Kimber even though I'm not exactly fond of the Schwartz firing pin blocks.
My first Kimber (pre II) had everything I wanted in a 1911 except front strap checkering at a time when it would have cost me $650 for a baseline Colt plus another $550 in labor and parts at a gunsmith and ran me only $720 plus tax and background check.

I admit, I'm still breaking in my 10mm Eclipse but the CDP Ultra and the Custom Classic Tgt were smooth and reliable from the get go. The Eclipse will get there but I may have to break some of the internal edges on it.