My Remington Slug Gun Combos

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
vvllbs

My Remington Slug Gun Combos

Post by vvllbs »

Now that I can post pictures I will be on here a lot! This is my favorite forum and I own other stuff besides Rossi!
I bought each of my Remington’s a slug barrel. Not pictured is my H&R Tracker II 20 Gauge. [ATTACH=full]141425[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]141426[/ATTACH]

Top is 870, bottom is 1148
vvllbs

Re: My Remington Slug Gun Combos

Post by vvllbs »

I bought each of my Remington’s a slug barrel. Not pictured is my H&R Tracker II 20 Gauge. [ATTACH=full]141425[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]141426[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vvllbs

Post by vvllbs »

Not pictured is my H&R Tracker II 20 Gauge.
ImageImage
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

Excellent setup. +guns
Great combo for sure
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

You and I must be some of the only guys shooting slug guns south of US 90! I have a Marlin Slugmaster. Nice looking guns. Oh, links are back in your first two posts.
Michael
vvllbs

Post by vvllbs »

I do it for fun, bought a 20 gauge for Nilgai federal hunt and I heard they quit doing it. Have you heard anything
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

It is the East Lake TPWD draw hunts. The slug requirement is for hunting during deer season. After the deer season ends, they also have "exotic" hunts after the 1st of next year where you can use centerfire rifles. You can find those hunts through the same link.

It is the sole purpose for my slug gun. I haven't been drawn since the lottery left USNWR system and went to TPWD. The slug requirement has something to do with the USNWR property size requirement. Over at the Laguna Atascosa, you can hunt with a rifle as it is a large property.

These are tough hunts because of the habitat, any of the three; East Lake, Laguna Atascosa, or Teniete. They have some of the densest brush you will wander into. You will be bitten by something, hopefully not the bad critters. The units west of US77 are ebony thickets. They have these flesh-eating nats that you cannot avoid or repel. Laguna has some nasty alligators. Of course, diamondbacks are common.

I have a "rule of halves" for the South Texas NWR system; I include Aransas which is close to me. Over the course of the hunt, half of the attendees leave each day. I've come up with this rule based on the chalkboards on display on each hunt. I mentioned this to a Refuge manager and he laughed and said they observe the rule as well. Those that leave the first day will never put in for the drawings again.
Michael