Rossi's serial numbers both 92&RH

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Whiterook

Rossi's serial numbers both 92&RH

Post by Whiterook »

Where would I find both R92 and RH serial numbers so that I might be able to determine the age of my rifles age? I have three, my wifes, 357mag and 2, 45colts. One of which I am hoping to find someone that would like to trade me a 357mag. ranch hand for.
Fred Gordon
GasGuzzler

Re: Rossi's serial numbers both 92&RH

Post by GasGuzzler »

If they are the newer style Braztec rifles then you can can call customer service and get the age. If they are the older Amadeo Rossi style then there is no way to determine from the serial number what the age is. The older style will have a Julian date stamped on most of the major parts out of view.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
dalek

Post by dalek »

Some (newer?) have it under the receiver in front of the hole for the lever thingie. Rossi 92 will have a R92-XXXXX number while the Ranch Hand RH92-XXXXX
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

If it is a Braztech or Taurus manufactured rifle you can look it up here: http://www.rossiusa.com/find-model.cfm

If that doesn't work, you must call as GG noted.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

On both of my '92s it's on the bottom of the receiver in front of the lever. On the 45 Colt it was so faint that I had to grab a magnifying glass to read it correctly on the newer 357 it's very legible.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Whiterook

Post by Whiterook »

I asked this question to find out how one could tell the difference between a Ranch Hand and a modified R92. But I own three R92's one 38/357 that's serial number starts with a K and two 45's that start with AM?
Fred Gordon
Whiterook

Post by Whiterook »

I just ran a check and my 45's were manufactured, in 2011 and they had no record of the K serial number.
Fred Gordon
Whiterook

Post by Whiterook »

So this tells me there is no way of telling the difference between a Ranch Hand and a Modified R92 by serial number, without running them, correct??
Fred Gordon
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Whiterook wrote:So this tells me there is no way of telling the difference between a Ranch Hand and a Modified R92 by serial number, without running them, correct??
Yeap. No logic to serial numbers. Like I said, if look up does work, call them. They are reasonably quick.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

The K is most definitely an original Amadeo Rossi.

Sorry and good for you at the same time.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.