Maybe the LGS knows something?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
m-saunoras

Maybe the LGS knows something?

Post by m-saunoras »

There's a high volume gun store in my area. They claim to have over 4000 guns but I can tell just from the showroom they don't have everything on display. Just last week they pulled two 44 mag model 92 blued 20" barrels out of the basement and put them for sale for $500 each. Both are brand new and and the serial numbers date to 2015.

Given the relative unavailabilty of these rifles it makes me wonder why now and why $500. There don't seem to be any new 44s on gunbroker at all.

I am getting the nicer of the two but I have to wonder....are more on their way? +corn
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Maybe the LGS knows something?

Post by mr surveyor »

I paid $449 + tax for my 20" R92 .44 mag in March of 2013. At the time, I felt like I got a good deal ... particularly since I wanted it.

The $500 price tag is about what I consider my personal budget for just about any decent gun, whether long gun or hand gun. But, I haven't been able to buy any new ones since 2015. I'd imagine that my personal target price has gone up at least 100 bucks since then.

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

They probably just did an inventory and the bean counter said to move them.

My FFL started carrying them after he started processing my online purchases, 2012 through 2014. They were on his racks for around $400 depending on the model. He stopped selling them because of the returns. We are not the average gun store customer as we fix the issues. The average guy takes a problem back.
Michael
m-saunoras

Post by m-saunoras »

I would say $500 is average for around here. I see some used or new as low as $450 and others up in the $600 range if it's a special variation. I gladly paid $600 for another Casull.

I saw a 44-40 stainless octagon 24" barrel this weekend for $500. That seems like an unusual model but I think the same gun show seller has had it a while.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I paid a lot less for my stainless 20" but got a pretty good deal on it used.
My 24" stainless octagonal was also 'used' but very lightly from a friend. I don't recall exactly but think it was near $500.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Ranch Dog wrote:They probably just did an inventory and the bean counter said to move them.

My FFL started carrying them after he started processing my online purchases, 2012 through 2014. They were on his racks for around $400 depending on the model. He stopped selling them because of the returns. We are not the average gun store customer as we fix the issues. The average guy takes a problem back.
True, but I've called the manufacturer on problem children and gotten results from Winchester back before FN disassembled the company and relocated production to Japan. Something about sending out a stock with a putty filled knot that looked like a putty filled knot.

I've sent a Para back for work when it had a problem and by the time it got to the 'authorized repair center' they had me send it to they had de-authorized them and put in their own repair center in the states. The formerly authorized repair center forwarded the gun to the factory repair center who then returned it to me repaired and running quite well. Of course they sent it back in someone else's box that was broken instead of the one I sent it in that was not.

I called Springfield about a M1A that won't disassemble and was asked if anyone had ever told me about the 'screwdriver method' which was explained as using a screwdriver wrapped in electrical tape to pry the heck out of the op rod to get it to come apart. I still need to send that one back to Springfield to get them to re-machine the disassembly notch to spec on it since neither I nor the local shop could get the 'screwdriver method' to work without risking either breaking a big honking screwdriver and/or the op rod or possibly resorting to a crow bar.

Of course the local gunshop I hang out around had to send at least two Rossi guns back that arrived broken in the box. I think both of them were Circuit Judges and I saw one of the stocks that looked like it had to have been broken to flinders when they put it in the box for shipping.
m-saunoras

Post by m-saunoras »

The last local gun show of the season was today. It wasn't as big as early season shows but nevertheless I didn't see one Rossi 92. Makes me feel a little better about all the ones in my safe.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

You have gun show season?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Whats a gun show? The only thing with that name around here is people selling sausage on a stick and leather goods. All the gun sellers sell on the internet now, the best way to maximize a sale.
Michael
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

Ranch Dog wrote:Whats a gun show? The only thing with that name around here is people selling sausage on a stick and leather goods. All the gun sellers sell on the internet now, the best way to maximize a sale.
Ive only been to one show and it was this exactly. Was in the car with the fam and pointed out to wifey a bilboard for another gun show in town (they make a circuit of florida, theyre in town every other month seems) and my kids in the back seat simultaneously shout 'jerky!'
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")